Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rating system doesn't make sense to me
In the instructions it says:
You can race as many times as you like during the week:
  • Up to 5 Races - Counts the best result (points including incidents);

• More than 5 races - Average of all your races.

So as far as I can see, if you're after points you are completely screwing yourself if you race more than 5 times, because then it starts taking into account your worst result, whereas less than 5 it take your best one.
Also this is not really a rating, it more championship points.  It'd be great if in addition to points there was an Elo rating, then we'd REALLY know who the best drivers are.   
You are talking about 2 different things:

- Rating
- Championship points

Rating - Everything you do counts, all races, offical or not and incidents. Goes up to 1100

Championship points - you only get them if the race has more than 7 drivers. And yes, if you do 5 or less races , you get the best result.

Rating clearly separates the drivers by their performance, just watch the rating tables.

(11-06-2016, 05:44 PM)Brent Mills Wrote:  In the instructions it says:
You can race as many times as you like during the week:
  • Up to 5 Races - Counts the best result (points including incidents);

• More than 5 races - Average of all your races.

So as far as I can see, if you're after points you are completely screwing yourself if you race more than 5 times, because then it starts taking into account your worst result, whereas less than 5 it take your best one.
Also this is not really a rating, it more championship points.  It'd be great if in addition to points there was an Elo rating, then we'd REALLY know who the best drivers are.