Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spectating a race ingame
I'm sorry if this has been asked already (it probably has been :Big Grin but I was wondering is there a way to spectate a race directly from the game? Can I just join specific server without registration for a race, or is it impossible because of booking? Sometimes I just want to watch a race, choose the driver I want to follow, camera I want to... Automated broadcast is great, but it has it's moments every now and then and it seems that it misses some action, especially in L1.
I was wondering the same thing. I have a friend that would like to see me racing from his computer and that would be a great option.

Even if that is not an option because he is not in the server, could I, as a driver who is in the race, broadcast my race from a different angle than my racing cam? So let's say, I'm racing with the "helmet cam" but I broadcast my race from a different point of view, like the external cameras.

Does any one know if that is possible? Thank you all in advance.
I'm also on iRacing! If you are thinking of getting it and yo don't know anyone, I would appreciate if you could use my mail as the refered one, rafakartf1@gmail.com . Add me as a friend there if you don't know anyone and I could help you and we can train and race together! My name there is Rafael Casas Mayoral.
Not possible but expect some news regarding broadcasts soon
Thanks for the answer. Looking forward seeing what it's going to be.
(03-15-2020, 11:33 AM)simracingsystem Wrote:  Not possible but expect some news regarding broadcasts soon
Great! Thank you for the effort.
I'm also on iRacing! If you are thinking of getting it and yo don't know anyone, I would appreciate if you could use my mail as the refered one, rafakartf1@gmail.com . Add me as a friend there if you don't know anyone and I could help you and we can train and race together! My name there is Rafael Casas Mayoral.
As some of you already saw and tested after seeing me do some tests, it is possible to request to follow a given driver.

This feature relies on youtube chat, so the more activity(real chat) it has, the quicker is the response.
By entering the command

!follow name

You will focus the mentioned driver for some seconds. You can enter full name but 4 letters of the last name should be enough.
expect a 15-20 seconds delay after the chat confirmation.

This feature is not available on the last 45 seconds of both qualy and race sessions or if the driver is in the pits.

more stuff should come soon.