Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brands Hatch Seat Leon
AC crashed four times in the same race. Same setup with which I raced two/three times a day for months, and that never happened. Can it be a car/track combination? It never happens during practice or single player racing, though... Thanks.
I raced with you tonight at Brands. Seems you got everything sorted out? Guys were crashing and flying off the track left and right tonight. I avoided the big crash on the first turn and went from 10th to 3rd. I was in 4th for the first half of the race. I should've been 7th but made a stupid mistake with 20 seconds left. Doh!! Still, what a blast. My fastest lap yet 1:32:453 .. still need to make up a couple of seconds to hang with the big boys.
(02-19-2019, 01:28 PM)Jason Schofield Wrote:  I raced with you tonight at Brands. Seems you got everything sorted out? Guys were crashing and flying off the track left and right tonight.  I avoided the big crash on the first turn and went from 10th to 3rd. I was in 4th for the first half of the race. I should've been 7th but made a stupid mistake with 20 seconds left. Doh!! Still, what a blast. My fastest lap yet 1:32:453 .. still need to make up a couple of seconds to hang with the big boys.

Hi Jason, thanks for the shout. I see you often on track and I am glad to interact here. Brands is SUCH a difficult track for me... very unforgiving in terms of mistakes. Being a consistent and clean - rather than fast - driver, my "vulture strategy" of lurking at the back and waiting for the inevitable to happen doesn't pay here. A lot of people spin/crash out, more so than on other tracks. They come back to track foaming at the mouth and hating you because you passed them, and the rest is history. I am currently a couple of tenths slower than you, and don't see that much margin for improvement. At Zandvoort I qualify 1.7-1.9 secs behind the aliens - that's where I belong (age 59 and only 8 months into the hobby) and I am very happy; at Brands I'm more like 2.5-3 secs behind. 

Concerning the technical problem I mentioned in my original post, it just went away. It happened four times (freeze, loss of image -> crash) in that one race - never before and not since. 

See you later on track!
(02-19-2019, 01:58 PM)Pete Parisetti Wrote:  
(02-19-2019, 01:28 PM)Jason Schofield Wrote:  I raced with you tonight at Brands. Seems you got everything sorted out? Guys were crashing and flying off the track left and right tonight.  I avoided the big crash on the first turn and went from 10th to 3rd. I was in 4th for the first half of the race. I should've been 7th but made a stupid mistake with 20 seconds left. Doh!! Still, what a blast. My fastest lap yet 1:32:453 .. still need to make up a couple of seconds to hang with the big boys.

Hi Jason, thanks for the shout. I see you often on track and I am glad to interact here. Brands is SUCH a difficult track for me... very unforgiving in terms of mistakes. Being a consistent and clean - rather than fast - driver, my "vulture strategy" of lurking at the back and waiting for the inevitable to happen doesn't pay here. A lot of people spin/crash out, more so than on other tracks. They come back to track foaming at the mouth and hating you because you passed them, and the rest is history. I am currently a couple of tenths slower than you, and don't see that much margin for improvement. At Zandvoort I qualify 1.7-1.9 secs behind the aliens - that's where I belong (age 59 and only 8 months into the hobby) and I am very happy; at Brands I'm more like 2.5-3 secs behind. 

Concerning the technical problem I mentioned in my original post, it just went away. It happened four times (freeze, loss of image -> crash) in that one race - never before and not since. 

See you later on track!

AHA... btw, in this afternoon race I clocked 1:32:03. As my motto goes, you can teach an old dog new tricks! :-)
(02-19-2019, 05:41 PM)Pete Parisetti Wrote:  
(02-19-2019, 01:58 PM)Pete Parisetti Wrote:  

See you later on track!

AHA... btw, in this afternoon race I clocked 1:32:03. As my motto goes, you can teach an old dog new tricks! :-)
That's great. I done a hundred or two laps around that track in the last week. So the repetition really helps. It's really fun to watch the races back on Youtube. I just noticed last night that they highlight the name of the driver they are focused on.. so cool. J
Slightly OT but if you like seeing yourself on the broadcast you can request your profile picture be added to the broadcast here:

http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=762
Hi

The track belong to DLC o is the SCU version (racedepartment)?

Thank
Its the official one from kunos, so its from dlc.
If kunos has released a track or car either base content or dlc then thats the one being used unless its listed in the mod list thread.
OK thank, but it apperar like false on DLCs, so i wonder.