Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No hourly races on Lotus 25-like cars
Looking back at past 5 weeks of racing Lotus 25 as every-3-hours series I have to say this format does not really suit SRS crowd. As the car is pretty non-standard (in relation to modern cars) in terms of handling, pace spread is incredibly big, there are a lot of people every race who lose 10+ seconds even on relatively short tracks like Brands Hatch.

This car does require not only precise inputs, but also big commitment in terms of moves as the car is very inert. When you suddenly meet a guy who brakes 50 metres earlier than he should, or accelerates 2 seconds later than he should, you have major problems in terms of avoiding a collision. Based on what I have seen in the past weeks there are a lot of drivers who, I don't know, are afraid of the car, thus doing exactly what is described in the previous sentence.

This car is really fun to drive, but it is not suitable for hourly races. I believe it is good to put it as a weekly race or in current Cobra timeslot - it provides server division at least, so that really slow people are separated on their own, and as all of the interested, fast people race in the same time, this can lead to a dramatic improvement of racing quality.
The Lotus 25 is a much much more easy then the cobra but yes it need early brake and smooth handling , from my point is much easier than FWD seat runing these weeks
(02-17-2019, 07:19 PM)Michal Janak Wrote:  The Lotus 25 is a much much more easy then the cobra but yes it need early brake and smooth handling , from my point is much easier than FWD seat runing these weeks
I totally agree on this, Cobra is way more twitchy than Lotus 25. However, I've opened some races results from Cobra series on the first server, and there is much less pace spread than in average Lotus race.

To be honest, I am afraid of even imagining what Cobra hourly series could look like Big Grin
I my opinion Lotus 25 is a fantastic old car but requires training and experience. If we can see that some of the participants choose him to start with zero points in the ranking in SRS then you can be afraid Smile So I think that the solution may be adding a limit of experience in this type of series? ex. >200 skill in SRS?
Co-founder Simrace.pl - Polish simracing community site | steam: lkriss2
Those points do not do a whole lot to determine skill.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz