Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racing in other regions
What are your experiences with racing in other regions, e. g. you are from Europe and you race in USA or Asia? Mostly, ping-wise. I know from other games, playing on a different continent servers guarantee 120+ ping, which is borderline playable. I can imagine it's not fun, if it spikes at more than that. Is it same here or is it a bit better? I see some races or even series that I would be interested driving, but I didn't want to join just to be forced to quit because I'm rubber banding all over the track. And yeah, I know, I know, "you should race only in your own region, that's why there are so many series", but let's be real, if I've counted right, 7 out of top 10 at P1 Asia championship are from EU.
There's no rules anywhere that says you can't join outside of your region. There are Asia races and I'm pretty sure those are all hosted on NA servers. I'm in NA and frequently race on the German-located servers for (my) morning races. If your ping is stable and you have no issues getting and sending enough packets, it's fine. The only folks I see bouncing around are those with poor overall connections (lots of packet loss). Ping really only comes into play in the 250+ range... and again, even then if you are eventually sending and receiving all the information, you can race cleanly with others.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Being on the west coast US, the only daily races are in Europe, and the US races are mostly 1-hr and only a day or two a week, so I am always in the 170-ping range on the EU servers. Despite a few strange glitches, it seems fine in the races. I'd say 200-ping is max-borderline playable if you have a good connection, but above that it becomes quite annoying... Undecided
Thank you both for your answers. I'll risk losing rating and give it a go once to test it myself. My connection should be fine to handle it, even though I had spikes two or three times even on EU servers, but nothing too serious.