Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pitpenalty
hello guys, in my last races I see that there are many touches that is little respected the rival, I think it would be good if the app pitpenalty is set to detect the touches and after a certain number of incidents penalize with a stop and go o drivetruge, you who think.sorry for my english
Tongue
very good idea !
Can you provide a link to this app? I can't find any app that issues penalties for car contact. If you think a developer should make one then you should ask that developer, not SRS!
I would like to see the app, too.
It's a good idea, but with one big flaw. You can't determine who's fault it is. T1 at Monza first come to my mind. You can be middle of the pack, somebody forgets to brake, hits you from the back and you are catapulted into the guys ahead. You can easily get 4-5 contacts from that, without even doing anything wrong. You manage to recover, catch up to the guys ahead, and in T2 somebody else hits you again and sends you into the wall/other car. That's 10 incidents and your race is already ruined, even if you don't have damage. And than add to that stop&go or drive-through. People would get even more frustrated and salty.

The best solution would be having a live admin at server, somebody who would check the situation and judge if anybody deserves penalty. And that's viable only if Assetto Corsa supports live replay rewind (like iRacing does), which I'm not sure it does.  Since SRS is still free, it's not really realistic to expect enough suitable people to volunteer to have every race covered. So, IMO, this is the best for now. If somebody is overly reckless or even doing stupid shit on purpose, file a protest and wait for admin to get to them, and just move on with your race/day/life. After all, it's only a game Wink
I do not know if pitpenalty can keep in mind the contacts, or some other app does, it's just a proposal in case there is something similar. It is clear that in a contact it is difficult to determine who is the guilty party if it is not a person who determines it for that. the sanction is for all the pilots involved as it does iracing, in iracing there is no administrator in all the rooms it would be impossible
Tongue