Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McLaren P1 GTR series
Ran out of fuel for the first time today. Aliens put an extra lap on the euro race.
Then i missed the pit box to had to jump to pits. Some great battles tonight though. Thank you.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
I have never given up on a race before, but tonight's race at Monza did it for me.

End of lap 5 I have 9 incidents caused by people hitting me.
I said it in the chat Monza eats babies, and brings the worst T1, it only takes one or two who forget to brake and everybody get some. I got bumped so hard into the escape runoff it didn't even give me penalty, hopefully. Otherwise it was interesting, i thought we would run out of mgu there, i did 2 times, you have reevaluate all your marks then.
T1 is always bad at the start. I managed to avoid it by being near the back and breaking at the 300m mark. Then it's just a process of driving through the carnage.
I was pushed off the track on the braking of T1, after that I was a passenger, sad to see that people only look to the front and don't look if someone is coming by your side..
Well at least the wheels looked good!  Couldn’t meet my personal goals at the Nord. No inky dink’s a top ten and finishing on the lead lap. 2 out of 3, so close.  Try again? Hmmmm.  Those 7:50s are very humbling and so far out of reach the race like so many others becomes one of passing the carnage, a vulture victory of sorts. Big Grin
Good racing, good fun.
Jim C Russell
Slobros/old men with hats.
The wheels do look very good Smile
This is one track i have always struggled with and throw the P1 at it and the inevitable will happen. No idea how the front runners are doing sub 8's and getting clean laps.

My incident count is going the right way. Gone from 15 to 14. I'll be adopting the stay out of trouble next time and maybe a drink to keep the sanity.

At lemans last night I had total brain failure and thought it was one stop for tyres and fuel then a splash and dash.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
Ah it's a death trap on the ring, i guess underdriving might be a good idea. Done 7:50 to test but feels like i was way too close to die like 10 times in the lap

Freaking "customer racing" car, they should have put a better chassis and brakes instead of a trillion HP on this thing.
1 second/min slower per lap that is my calculus.  That quite often works out to 1/10 second/corner or 1 eye blinks worth of time Cool .  Nord blows that cal right to s**t   Big Grin .
We don’t call ourselves slobros for nothing.
jcr
(01-30-2019, 01:45 PM)James Blint Wrote:  Ah it's a death trap on the ring, i guess underdriving might be a good idea. Done 7:50 to test but feels like i was way too close to die like 10 times in the lap

Freaking "customer racing" car, they should have put a better chassis and brakes instead of a trillion HP on this thing.

That's not too bad. I did 7.55 in practise. In race not further than 8.00. But my wheel feels very 'firm'. Any bump in the road or shock and I lose control.