Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McLaren P1 GTR series
The car has a tank capacity of 86 liters and these series are with 200% fuel consumption setting.
Result is that, unless you drive saving fuel, 2 stops are needed to complete the race. Given this, and considering the races are just 1h long, the 1 stop strategy with fuel saving are the way to go because there's not enough race duration for 2 stop strategy to be competitive, even with a double stint with the same hard tyres. 
I'm fine having different race strategies but driving saving fuel for 60 mins is pretty boring, particularly with a car like the P1, when it's not possible to exploit all the monster power available.
I would suggest to decrease the fuel consumption down to 170%, same as tyre consumption.

Just my 2 cent, to make the series more fun.
Agreed. Splash & dash doesn't work either, as the pitlane closes 10 minutes before the end of the race.
Also, I think I lack the discilpline to safe fuel for almost the entire race in a 1 stop
You can still pit in the last 10 mins. You just have to do your mandatory stop in the window.
I've not had any problems with fuel at Laguna or Barcelona and driven fast as i can each race.

Absolutely love the series.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
The 2x on fuel makes it rewarding to be slow or save fuel the whole race, which could be fine but that looked like extreme saving when i tried it. Yesterday i was consuming 5.5 per lap at least, sometimes more, and was already short shifting a lot in some parts of the track. Frankly i don't really understand how you can save about 1l per lap and still finishes, and i mean while still being competitive, cause doing it very slowly, coasting and all, ok. Yesterday i won doing two pit stops but this was like a miracle, came out of the pits 2 or 3s ahead of P2 with shot tyres since i couldn't swap tyres a second time or i would have lost by a landslide no matter what pace or laptimes. Also i dodged the bonus lap for 2s on purpose, i would have probably ran out of fuel as well, even after a 30l refuel and 2x86l.

So i don't know, maybe on some other tracks it's not much of a strategy and likely you would run out of batteries before fuel with tracks that have long straights, but clearly if to win you need to drive like that all the series for an hour, not sure it's going to be really fun. Specially when you have a 1000hp car to race with.
You need to save a litre a lap and i need to find a second a lap lol.
Shows both 1 and 2 stops work. Going to make it an interesting series for sure.
(01-16-2019, 08:11 PM)Michael Martin Wrote:  You need to save a litre a lap and i need to find a second a lap lol.
Shows both 1 and 2 stops work. Going to make it an interesting series for sure.
It might have been the battling with Giuseppe in the first stint that sucked too much fuel. Next time we just team up and get in each other drafts to beat all these evil strategies   Wink

ps: No liveries are showing on stream, are we doing something wrong with the skins?
So things learned.3 ways to use the mguk
1-has a good balance of speed and fuel economy
2- is much faster and really heavy on fuel
3- secret way(Dennis) is fast and good on fuel

I'll let you all figure them out for yourselves.

Now i just need to get a clean race

Don't know what is happening with the skins. Will make a bug thread
Ha thanks Michael Wink There really isn't a secret. I feel I don't possess the discipline to safe fuel all race long. So today I made the choice to go out all guns blazing, and accept I had to stop twice, and set the MGU-K on "race". I'm not convinced yet it is the fastest way to finish this race, but at least I'm having tons of fun.

"Now i just need to get a clean race"
Likewise. I have mixed feelings about today's race though. Stupidly made a false start, so on top of the 2 stops I had a drive through. So I was in a hurry after the second lap. I used my elbows a little bit in 1 overtake (Sorry Kris) so I got a few contact points there. There was more to gain from today Wink Unfortunately I cannot do this race anymore this week..
I feel so dumb for not stopping a second time, I thought when the pit window was closed I couldn't refuel so I ran out of fuel with 4 minutes to go. My concentration also goes down after 45 minutes of lapping pretty consistent.
Tongue 
a car is very hard to drive. very unpredictable. not good feedback from road.
I do not know how you guys have patience to drive this unlike car in my point of view.
this is agony of one hour driving.
and yes. never like this modern technology kers, drs, etc shit. Big Grin