Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Las Vegas
I am in some regards a veteran sim racer, since I used to race back in the 1990s with friends connecting PC's using parallel port cables and later LAN (and a Microsoft Force Feedback Wheel connected to the gaming port and the Formula One Grand Prix game (Microprose)).
When I moved in 1999 from Germany to Las Vegas, I stopped sim racing and raised a kid instead. From that regard, I am a novice sim racer.

I picked up racing again in 2020 during a COVID furlough and race now with my friend in Germany, originally using the Codemaster's F1 series, but moving pretty quickly (back??; I don't think that is the right word) to Assetto Corsa. 

After I tried my son's original Rift with AC, I knew that I need to overcome the motion sickness, I got with VR goggles. Now, I cannot race without them.
I am racing with a PC (Ryzen 5600, RTX3070), Quest 2 with battery pack (to balance the headset), T-300 (soon CSL DD), and Clubsport V3 Pedals.

I raced various online races in F1 and AC, but got sick of people on the public servers who just want to ruin other's races. 
Since I am in my very late 50's, I usually qualify somewhere in the mid field. Nevertheless, a fight for place 5 or 10 is also great fun.
If I have time, I might race during the week between 02:00 and 05:00 UTC and on weekends between 15:00 and 00:00 UTC.
Hi Thomas. It was great seeing you in the Lotus race yesterday. Sounds like you've got good gear (I also play in VR), and the CSL DD will be a great upgrade for you! See you on the track!!