Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GT2 at Spa
Shocked 
Hi bros,
so I have been racing with you for some weeks now, taking part in the GT2 with moderate success. But then Spa has happened, I've raced all the time with the BMW and my best time here is 1:17 high, problem is I have seen people doing 1:16 low (really low) with the Ferrari.
 And I don't know if the Ferrari is just faster but I honestly don't see where I could get almost 2 seconds faster, I know doing a beast lap like 1:17 low may be possible with my BMW setup for a beast driver but I'm actually impressed by the times I have seen by other people on the Ferrari. So I would like to know what are your thoughts on those 16 lows and how both cars compare with each other.
Well, looking at the fastest laps board for GT2 Asia at Spa I see only one driver with a laptime of 2:16 (I suppose you mean 2 min laptime and not 1 min). All the other very quick guys are way off that time so I guess that 2:16 time is abnormal and was probably achieved by cutting the track or exploiting it some other way. I've heard there's an exploit of some kind at Spa (like when you cut the track somewhere and don't get penalized by game but I don't know much about it).

The other reason may have been a good combo of fast tires and low fuel load, like SuperSofts towards the end of the race with almost empty tank. My strategy is always Mediums before and after a pitstop so maybe that kind of time is possible with the right strategy towards the end of the race.

I always thought Ferrari was better than BMW but I'm not sure about that. Anyway I think your time is very good and competitive.
Philippe Simard is one of the fastest guy in AC, i have no doubt his time is legit. It's just an exceptional lap in the low 2:16. Especially at the modified SRS rates and high temperatures it's close to a world record.
Philippe said "cold mediums are boring" Smile He is racing with 2 stops and the hardest compound he is using is Soft. This is definitely not the fastest strategy, but provides an opportunity for proper hotlapping. In wednesday when I raced with him he even tried SS, but judging by the length of that stint he did not like it Smile
I bet SS don't even last 3 laps at these temps and rates, and im not sure they are faster than softs but that explains he managed a low 2:16 in the actual race.
Thank you for the support James   Undecided

The 2.16 low was during qualifying, on softs. I don't think I managed 2.16 low during races. I did race twice on softs 2 stops for an increased challenge since the strategy is probably 10-15 seconds slower than a 1 stop on mediums. In the first one I put SS in the pits by mistake which ruined the race that could have been tight at the end with the eventual winner who was pretty quick on mediums. Errr... I even think it was Roman? The SS were absolutely perfect. For 2 laps. 3rd one not so much.  Big Grin

Jorge the Ferrari is about 0.5 seconds faster per lap than the BMW around Spa and overall faster pretty much everywhere. Also trickier to drive.
(01-05-2019, 09:02 PM)Philippe Simard Wrote:  The 2.16 low was during qualifying, on softs. I don't think I managed 2.16 low during races.
Actually you did manage it Smile 2 laps under 16.5 during your latest race, including your best in the moment, which is really impressive!
(01-05-2019, 10:45 PM)Roman Yakubovich Wrote:  
(01-05-2019, 09:02 PM)Philippe Simard Wrote:  The 2.16 low was during qualifying, on softs. I don't think I managed 2.16 low during races.
Actually you did manage it Smile 2 laps under 16.5 during your latest race, including your best in the moment, which is really impressive!

Oh right. Yeah that was a good stint. Hmm I see even in that much quicker race I was still 1h00:44 and you did 1h00:41 on M-M. I would have never catched back up to you in the first one.
Thank you for the answers guys, Philippe you are a beast man.
A bit off topic but you have private messages disabled Jorge. Thanks for that GT2 race at Spa to you as well, but you have won not because I retired by myself but because i made a mistake and spun)) At first I thought about retiring but the race turned out to be quite a battle. I ended up in the gravel so you won fair and square