Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Track Stewart, Filing Protests, and Penalties.
Just thinking out loud after I read over the threads of one driver protesting the behaviors of "bad" drivers, I wonder if there would be any value to create a procedure for filing protests against other drivers, a clearly stated penalty structure (i.e., reckless track re-entry after spin ... 10 points, deliberate ramming of another car ... 50 points, etc. ) and naming a Track Stewart for each Sim System (Assetto Corsa, R Factor 2, etc.) who would hear the protest, view the vid and levy what ever penalties are required ESPECIALLY against the protestor should his complaint prove invalid.

Perhaps, if a driver reaches a predetermined number of penalty points (say ... 100), he would be forced to miss a number of races or a number of days when he cannot race.

Of course, the Track Stewart could not compete on the Sim System he is officiating, that would constitute a conflict.  His decision would be final, no further protests without ban.

Perhaps this could serve to keep the quality of racing up and the quarreling down.

Thoughts?
The protest form is one of the things that is on the todo list and will get more attention as soon as i finish some other stuff to start on the next series.
I suppose the fly in the ointment would be coming up with the required number of Track Stewarts having the time (and patience) to review protests and vids. Sometimes it's hard enough finding enough folks to fill a grid. But then, SRS is growing, I see new drivers here every day.