Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Donington Park GP Exploit
So I was just in a Tatuus race, it was rather low pop and really uncompetitive so I thought I'd have a whack at seeing how bad the penalty was for cutting the last section of the track and just taking the shorter donington park national layout instead of the intended GP layout (meaning I skipped the chicane and both of the final hairpins. I ducked into the pits straight away to serve my penalty only to find I had none? There is 0 punishment for skipping the entire last section of the track. I doubt I'm the 1st to find this bug, and it may have been pointed out here before, but maybe the races should just be moved to the National layout as to avoid this issue? I don't know, but this is a strange, game braking one. (and yes despite there being no penalty, I gave back all the time I gained and some more.)
Pretty disrespectful post. Cheating to prove a point is still cheating. AussieStig
I believe there is no other way except stating it in the rulebook and filing protests in cases of braking this rule (even in qualifying).

There is also an issue with Spa, but I don't think AC developers are gonna fix it anyway, so it's down to the respect/disrespect-to-the-others level, which can be guarded only with rules.
I don't get what you mean Mark, how is this disrespectful? It was a race with 6 people in it, 2 of which were a lap down within the first 3 laps. I was alone for the majority of the 20 minutes.

Edit: Since you just edited your post, I outlined I gave back more time than I gained, I had nearly 10 seconds over p2 and was racing alone, pulling away at nearly a second a lap, after I didn't get a penalty I just coasted until p2 was within 2 seconds of me. I did this fully expecting to be stop and go'd or drive thru'd and end up losing the race. So I fail to understand how this is cheating? Furthermore if I was intending to cheat, why on earth would I post it here letting everyone know of the exploit and offering a solution to fix it? I'm struggling to understand the point you are trying to make.
Hey Joe, failing to see that your original statement, regardless of the subject matter is disrespectful to everyone participating in that race is something I cant help you with.  AussieStig
Ye I don't think I have to go out of my way to respond to a person repeatedly using a word whilst failing to qualify it with any sort of context. XXX_E-Cyber Gaming Spartan of the West_XXX.
I just saw another guy cutting that entire section at the end of the track and winning because of that. I suppose the only 100% workaround is to race against National layout only as there are always going to be cheaters ruining races like that.
That session at 12:00 GMT was a complete farce. Because of the guy continuously cutting the last section the race lasted one extra lap, as a result i.e. I didn't have enough fuel to make it (maybe some other guys too). IMO this race should be deleted (or counted with no last lap with all cutters deleted from the results), cutters (Nathan Covelo, Gomez David, Jesus Rato, Marco Amato, Jay Zack, David Ferreira) - banned at least for a month, as this circus race affected ratings and other stats. The layout should be switched to National, otherwise this circus will keep going on through the week.

I really encourage administration to take action before the next session @ 17:00 GMT, otherwise you will be "buried" in protests. Unfortunately, some people are unable to race with some restrictions not set explicitly.
(01-02-2019, 12:46 PM)Ilya Krivokhizhin Wrote:  I just saw another guy cutting that entire section at the end of the track and winning because of that. I suppose the only 100% workaround is to race against National layout only as there are always going to be cheaters ruining races like that.

The only answer is to permanently ban anyone doing such a thing for whatever reason, from racing on SRS servers. AussieStig
Nothing like that in my recent Donnington races, but if it happens, it must be dealt with. The ideal solution would to place am unpenetrab;e barrier there, but that won't happen. So I would vote for SRS to stick to the National . Sad, as in my races most interesting action happened in the GP section, the chicane and hairpins, but what one can do.
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians