Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Donington Park GP Exploit
(01-02-2019, 01:02 PM)Pawel Kusmierek Wrote:  Nothing like that in my recent Donnington races, but if it happens, it must be dealt with. The ideal solution would to place am unpenetrab;e barrier  there, but that won't happen.  So I would vote  for SRS to stick to the National . Sad, as in my races most interesting action happened in the GP section, the chicane and hairpins, but  what one can do.
It is simple mate, keep the layout. Institute a zero tolerance policy = permanent ban from SRS. AussieStig
(01-02-2019, 01:08 PM)Mark Puc Wrote:  
(01-02-2019, 01:02 PM)Pawel Kusmierek Wrote:  Nothing like that in my recent Donnington races, but if it happens, it must be dealt with. The ideal solution would to place am unpenetrab;e barrier  there, but that won't happen.  So I would vote  for SRS to stick to the National . Sad, as in my races most interesting action happened in the GP section, the chicane and hairpins, but  what one can do.
It is simple mate, keep the layout. Institute a zero tolerance policy = permanent ban from SRS. AussieStig

You do know that it takes many weeks for a protest to be analyzed and responded to, and anyway the result of the protest does not affect standing? Meaning that trolls will be able to ruin championships anyway. And from what I hear it's not hard to come back under a different name after a ban.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love the layout to stay, but there may be no reasonable way to make it work. Unless the track's author does something.... AFAIR this is an independent track, not provided by AC, right? So maybe the authr could be approached about making a change
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians
Ye this track is a 3rd party mod, and it hasn't been updated since I 1st downloaded it over a year and a half ago so I doubt we'd see anything done about it on the modders side. I agree with the layout change like I said in the Original post, swithcing the remaining races to the National layout seems like the most logical option we have.
(01-02-2019, 01:17 PM)Pawel Kusmierek Wrote:  
(01-02-2019, 01:08 PM)Mark Puc Wrote:  

You do know that it takes many weeks for a protest to be analyzed and responded to, and anyway the result of the protest does not affect standing? Meaning that trolls will be able to ruin championships anyway. And from what I hear it's not hard to come back under a different name after a ban.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love the layout to stay, but there may be no reasonable way to make it work. Unless the track's author does something.... AFAIR this is an independent track, not provided by AC, right? So maybe the authr could be approached about making a change
There will be action taken at some point. I think approaching the maker is a useful solution. Failing that though, if people cannot abide by the track limits then there is only one course of action and that is zero tolerance and a ban.
omg!!! jesus acabas de perder todo mi respeto
(01-02-2019, 01:26 PM)Mark Puc Wrote:   I think approaching the maker is a useful solution. 

I just did, posted in the Support discussion for the track on Race Department. We'll see.
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians
(01-02-2019, 01:53 PM)Pawel Kusmierek Wrote:  
(01-02-2019, 01:26 PM)Mark Puc Wrote:   I think approaching the maker is a useful solution. 

I just did, posted in the Support discussion for the track on Race Department. We'll see.
OK mate, lets see what happens. It would be a shame to let a few disrespectful drivers ruin it for the honest racers here. AussieStig
(01-02-2019, 01:26 PM)Mark Puc Wrote:  There will be action taken at some point. I think approaching the maker is a useful solution. Failing that though, if people cannot abide by the track limits then there is only one course of action and that is zero tolerance and a ban.
It's odd that you're so obsessed with keeping the current layout that you'd insult the OP who pointed out the problem in the first place (thanks Joe) and also lie that the only course of action is thew one you propose. Yet your 'solution' does nothing to resolve the problem while the alternative solution (which does in fact exist) to use the national layout would fix the problem easily.
(01-02-2019, 02:05 PM)Martin Smith Wrote:  
(01-02-2019, 01:26 PM)Mark Puc Wrote:  There will be action taken at some point. I think approaching the maker is a useful solution. Failing that though, if people cannot abide by the track limits then there is only one course of action and that is zero tolerance and a ban.
It's odd that you're so obsessed with keeping the current layout that you'd insult the OP who pointed out the problem in the first place (thanks Joe) and also lie that the only course of action is thew one you propose. Yet your 'solution' does nothing to resolve the problem while the alternative solution (which does in fact exist) to use the national layout would fix the problem easily.
Nothing wrong with the layout if everyone sticks to it mate. Insult is a matter of opinion and you are entitled to yours. The OP put down the people in that race as being uncompetitive and so he thought it would be OK to cut the circuit while everyone else stuck to it. There are other ways to test a theory without doing that in a race.
Funily enough, what is and isn't disrespectful is a matter of opinion too, and it just so happens most people other than you seem to find the outcome worth the action hence everyone but you talking about the actual issue thats the topic of the thread and not pretending to be the morale compass of SRS.