Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ivan Drago, one minute of madness
(09-19-2016, 03:31 PM)Lino Carreira Wrote:  "I'm just going to say this, no matter how bad something happens during a race, revenge wreck is unacceptable"
Agree with the above 100%

If your getting into the technical details about dive bombings and speed and stuff your getting way to hung up on it.
  • Dive Bomb - Happens occasionally in real racing, why should here be any different? Im not condoning it, im saying that occasionally it happens. Real drivers have to deal with it just like you do.  If this happened in F1 or BTCC would the marshals be penalizing for the dive bomb? No they wouldnt. 
  • Bump from behind - it also happens in real racing on occasion, more often in touring cars than open wheelers. but it happens.  Usually unpenalized by the marshals, and very rarely penalized if no loss of places.

• Getting angry, also happens in real racing. How many times have you seen a driver walk up to another driver and headbutt, punch or drop kick them?  I cant think of any motorsport that doesn't involve fights from time to time.  The difference is, they dont "missile ram" each other because they would seriously hurt themselves as well as the other driver doing so.  They dont want to break their own legs, so they dont ram the guy at 100mph but they will go and smack him in the mouth.
People need to remember sometimes people make mistakes and move on.  Every single thing relating to this was a mistake. The initial dive, the rear bump, the missile ram. All mistakes.  People have said sorry, lets not let it happen again and get onto the next race. 

small note, im not condoning any of the above. What im saying is racing is racing, things happen, emotions run high. We need to try be better in the future.

(09-19-2016, 08:54 PM)Gaston Alegre Stotzer Wrote:  @Ivan Drago - I don't know if you're still around, but... I'm not trolling, this is an honest question, I want to know what do you think about this incident:

for me, i think thats a racing incident. He came across to avoid the slow car, the slow car was also coming across the track.  If anything, the slow redbull car should be penalized for coming across the track like that with such low speed.  However, at the start everything happens so fast, i imagine its difficult.  Its hard enough on the start grid of the SRS mx5 cup, let alone in f1.
SX Racing Youtube: bit.ly/SxRacing
Plenty of words have already been spent on this thread, let me just add a couple considerations:

1) MP racing means dealing with human opponents and human drivers do mistakes. You included.

2) it's not entirely up to you to choose your MP opponents (but you can avoid joining them).

You have to be prepared to face contacts, in any MP race.
An Expert driver may "tap" you many times without causing you too many hassles while a "green" driver may send you straight out of the track.
There's a difference and at least you should be able to tell it Smile
However both experts (occasionally) and newbies do stupid mistakes, it's just a matter of % probability.

Not comfortable with this ?
Then play SP and hotlap, as even on MR AB server drivers are human and make mistakes.
Simple and healthy solution and end of the story.

What's not a solution is joining any MP races while lacking nerves and INTENTIONALLY causing damage to others, WHATEVER THE REASON.
Same goes for insulting imho. As pointed out by many people already, all this is not only immature, but plainly not acceptable.

About "Rules": sure we can discuss measures against contacts, rules, penalties, punishments, etc. Look at Formula 1 ...
i don't know whether that's a viable and useful route, it may be debated.

The only #1 rule i consider mandatory is the one basing on HONESTY and RESPECT, in both words and acting.

Two things that incidentally seemed to me quite lacking in this debate.
At least at first, maybe now things have changed ...
(09-19-2016, 01:34 PM)Ivan Drago Wrote:  I shouldn't say sorry to you because of your stupid mistakes. I trying to explain what happen to someone ho have brain. 36 years old little boy. Better go play pokemons little kid, because even AI bot drive 100 times better than you. Michele I understand that you are driving as best as you can and willing to have some fun like all of players. Problem is that we have slightly different view on what is fun and what is not. 

Dear Ivan Drago, at least, as a 36 years old boy, i'm using my real name.

Adrianaaaaaaaaaa! Wink

You can throw all the numbers you want.
You were utterly slow both times. And both times i didn't really hurt you, nor your car,  or your race. You're acting like a child. Despite your bombs i had no problem keeping my lap times. And if this is always your pace at Vallelunga, then you're always slow. I'm always slow in many other tracks.
But the first corner is a clean overtake. You have to face it. I was on the inside way before the contact. You had time and space to avoid me.

Watch it again, you probably need it.

You see? Before the contact, i'm already on the rubbed part of the track, perfect trajectory mate, despite your numbers. You are slow. And just before i take the inside you can see the others 2 ahead of you braking less and go away.

On the second one at Cimini, i really think there's nothing to debate there.
I think you were unreasonably slow, you can think i made a mistake.
Fair.
So what?

You wrote i was the drop. lol 
On first lap? Or maybe on third lap, when you were already lapped?

I haven't had any other contacts, despite the battles.
Find your answers.
Bah! What just happened.
We are both with 1.3 incidents average per race with 50/60 races.
You are a better driver, quicker than me almost every time (those mazda races are killing my average thou ^^), but not cleaner than me.
I define myself a clean guy and numbers prove me right.

I know you're one of the good because i always see you ahead of me. Don't call me dive-bomber, because you know i'm not and the video posted here demonstrate it.

I've just edited my previous message deleting the insults in response to yours.
I hope they won't ban you at the end. SRS needs good drivers.
Guyz,

It is a statement of honesty and courage to sometimes simply admit, i lost it, got irritated and did a mistake because i was pissed, im sure some of us have done it somewhere in time...

No need to go to extremes, so far we only banned one person for 1 month from the system, someone that was not only a bad driver, was rude and uneducated to some of the people that where on the race for no reason, even reached the point of threatening some people.

As far as SRS is concerned this matter is taken care, Ivan was called to attention to what happened, as regular users of the servers if you want people to come and compete with you guys and girls you need to make so a decent atmosphere exists.

Thats all