Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom shader patch
Is anyone using the custom shader patch for AC? Specifically anyone in VR? 

The patch has a very cool feature called "real mirrors" that basically allows you to change the viewing angle out of your mirrors by repositioning  your head (like in real life!)

My problem with the shaders mod is like all other visual mods for AC, it's kind of demanding on your system. For that reason, I've turned off basically all settings in the patch that don't relate back to the "real mirrors" feature. 

My question is: what settings do you guys mess with in the shader patch? What features do you disable/enable? What do you like/dislike about the patch?
Im using it, although when full split i tend to deactivate it because of performance at race start, otherwise i have pretty much all features on. I really like the new track lights extension, like having yellow lights on the borders of tracks when there are incidents and actually functioning grid lights.
That's kind of the conclusion I'm coming too as well. Even my i7 8700K with 1080ti struggles with it with a full field. There are definitely some awesome features in it, but I'll probably disable it while racing with SRS
I'm using the patch aswell, having proper mirrors is something I always missed Smile
I am also trying to figure out the best way to handle Custom Shader Patch (+ Sol + Deems Track Packs) with SRS/Online. Do you guys disable the all features from ..CONTENT/MODS or each feature separately from SETTINGS/CUSTOM SHADER PATCH?
Can I just keep all the mod (mentioned above) enabled all the time and deactive all the shader patch features (from the settings menu) when racing SRS/Online to gain FPS? Or should I expect some mismatches or perfomance issues if the mods are enabled "in the background"+ features deactivated?
Using Oculus rift with 1080Ti & i7 6700K...
(01-30-2019, 10:22 AM)Erik Sundstrom Wrote:  I am also trying to figure out the best way to handle Custom Shader Patch (+ Sol + Deems Track Packs) with SRS/Online. Do you guys disable the all features from ..CONTENT/MODS or each feature separately from SETTINGS/CUSTOM SHADER PATCH?
Can I just keep all the mod (mentioned above) enabled all the time and deactive all the shader patch features (from the settings menu) when racing SRS/Online to gain FPS? Or should I expect some mismatches or perfomance issues if the mods are enabled "in the background"+ features deactivated?
Using Oculus rift with 1080Ti & i7 6700K...

I would say, do it through the content>mods so you get the vanilla AC rendering when performance are an issue, and you can re enable it with one click (it saves all your settings). Usually i can race with the shader patch and a few other graphical mods but im not VR. For me with the latest builds, only on Le Mans i still have some nasty drops with the shader patch.
I have experienced a major issue since install the Shader and Sol. I join as normal, but I see nobody on track. People talk to me, but I see no cars in pitlane / on the map, nothing, it is like racing on my own.

I have tried loading through CM and also AC and what I noticed tonight although it was SPA, my screen said BH Indy?

Something no right here

Shaun
Uninstall those mods as best you can, reinstall using Content Manager's Mod handling, and then just disable them when you are going to race on SRS? I'm not sure that'll help your situation, but that's the first thing I'd try. I have no experience with those particular mods.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
I can confirm it's the shader patch. I disabled this, and could see all cars.

Just a heads up if anybody else experience this - DON'T USE SHADER PATCH ONLINE

Shaun
This problem is solved? I am currently doing a upgrade on my PC and I was hoping to race online on SRS with CSP and SOL activated. I only play AC to do races here!