Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Count 5 best results
Hi,
I want to propose to count 5 best results in the championships standings (or exclude the worst, as you prefer). I believe the main profit from that is the increased loyalty to SRS from those who race all the time and fight for championships (for the others it will make no difference whatsoever). 

6 weeks is a long period of time. Some people may have problems with their hardware, some people may travel somewhere etc. There are a lot of reasons why people may miss races (especially weekly ones). There were quite a few frustrating situations in the last 6 weeks. For me it was the loss of SSD in the middle of the stint. I missed one race in DP series because of that, won all the other with maximum scores, but that was not enough, because you gain only a small share of all the points at stake by winning and you are not able to recover from missing a race obviously.

Another situation happened when I torpedoed Norbert by accident at Imola in GT4 series. I was pity about that not only because crashing into people is not nice, but because you waste yours and your "victim"'s efforts in the championship by lowering your final race position and increasing your incidents score. So even if he had won 3 remaining races, he wouldn't have been able to gain back 20 points gap to the leader without something happened to his main rival.

I believe that championships should be won by those who are faster and more consistent over the distance of the championships. There are possibilities for some emergencies and other problems causing points losses and with current scoring system it is incredibly difficult to recover from those. For example, in F1 there is a limited points-awarding zone and big margin between 1st and 2nd. I think it is not a solution for SRS, but excluding the worst result might be one.
I would disagree with that. To win it, you have to be in it.
IRL racing is a motorized sport, where they deal with mechanical failures too, which you don't deal with in this game. The best you can do is to see to it, that your hardware works.

But this is just my 2 cents Wink
(12-04-2018, 11:21 PM)Dennis Ipenburg Wrote:  I would disagree with that. To win it, you have to be in it.
IRL racing is a motorized sport, where they deal with mechanical failures too, which you don't deal with in this game. The best you can do is to see to it, that your hardware works.

IRL you have possibility to regain the gap in a reasonable time, that's the main point.

To regain victory-level points gap with your rival finishing second you need:
in Formula 1 - 4 races (you have 20 in total)
in MotoGP - 5 races (you have 18 races)
in WRC - 4 races (you have 12 races)
in SRS - 26 races (you have 5 races)  Confused
Most of us will never win a championship here, so changing the rules to help the better drivers get more championships probably won't get much support.
I would also like to see the Champion be the person with the highest point total for 5 of the 6 races.

I think it would encourage more participation in the latter weeks of the series. Its seems there are only about 1/4th the number of people signed up for the race on week 6 compared to week 1 and I would guess that its mostly only the people with a chance for the championship that are joining the race in week 6.

If a person misses week 2 or 3 then they have no other incentive besides the sheer enjoyment of racing to sign up for weeks 4, 5, and 6. In fact, I think people avoid racing again in a series once they have missed a race because they want to protect their ratings i.e. don't want any incident points. But, if people know they can miss one race and still have a chance to win overall they will be more likely to join in the later weeks.

(12-04-2018, 11:47 PM)Roman Yakubovich Wrote:  
(12-04-2018, 11:21 PM)Dennis Ipenburg Wrote:  I would disagree with that. To win it, you have to be in it.

IRL you have possibility to regain the gap in a reasonable time, that's the main point.

To regain victory-level points gap with your rival finishing second you need:
in Formula 1 - 4 races (you have 20 in total)
in MotoGP - 5 races (you have 18 races)
in WRC - 4 races (you have 12 races)
in SRS - 26 races (you have 5 races)  Confused

People who race IRL are paid to do that, its the job they do for a living. They have no excuses for missing a race for any reason. Also, IRL there is only ever 1 Champion, which is not the case in SRS. IRL if there is a tie, then they have rules to see who is declared the actual champion, whereas, in SRS everyone who tied for first gets a championship added to their stats. Iracing is the simulator you want if you want a dedicated racing series where everything is taken much more seriously. Simracers such as ourselves generally have jobs and a social life that can make it difficult to show up 6 weeks in a row. We are a casual bunch, so why shouldn't the point structure allow for that? We choose to spend our time in SRS over Iracing because its more casual, its cheaper, and the car choices are fantastic vs the same old same old on iracing, and not to mention its the best racing available on AC. SRS should try accentuate those features and I think adjusting the points system might encourage more racing, especially in the latter weeks.

(12-05-2018, 01:01 AM)Jay Gabriel Wrote:  Most of us will never win a championship here, so changing the rules to help the better drivers get more championships probably won't get much support.

Changing the point structure so you could drop your worst result would allow for more people to win championships because it would take less points to win. 102 x 5 = 510 vs 102 x6= 612. I think your chances would improve dramatically not worsen because you would only need an avg of 85 points per race (if you attended all 6) to win a championship.

When people win they tend to stick around...
The results becoming average after the fifth race enables people with only limited time to fight for the championship on equal terms with those who have a lot of time.

Without that people could just race and race and race and race and simply hope to get good results without anything being at stake after attending a certain amount of races, which raises their chance of getting more points simply by attending more races.

The current system is the most fair without being too complicated to implement. The only possible improvement – in my opinion – would be a system like iRacing where you get more points for races with higher ranking people.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
I'm not sure I understand what you mean Simon. Are you agreeing with me or not?

There are two types of racing series in SRS - weekly, and daily. You can't simply race and race and race in a weekly series so dropping a person's worst result would keep more people in contention for the championship. In other words, people with less time will be able to compete with those who have too much time.

In the daily series it is possible to complete many races in one week, but if you do more than 5 races it will avg your results, making it impossible to maintain 102 points for the week (unless you actually win every single race).

I do like your idea of a system of more points for beating higher ranked racers but this would be a lot harder to implement than just dropping a persons worse result...
Oh, I only refered to he original post and not your reply Smile

For personal reasons I’d welcome being able to miss a race or two, but I’m not sure if that would be fair for those who do attend each race.. But I can’t really say why, it just feels not right for me. If you want to be part of the championship, you should also attend all the racesI t hink.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
I think if you aren't willing to show up to every race in a weekly series, you shouldn't be worried about a championship for that series. I'm assuming there are actual examples of cases here at SRS where someone would have gotten first place had everyone dropped their lowest race score, otherwise this topic is a bit odd... but it seems like that'd be a pretty rare case in general, right?
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
I would disagree as well. If you want to fight for the championship, show up and do so Smile technical issues a part of it, it happens, happened to me too few times and there is no way I would blame the srs system for that. Often there are times when I can’t show up and race, that’s why I stopped racing the youtuber’s series now, because I don’t have much time in the evening to race and compete for the champ there
NEVER GIVE UP!