Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
RUF CTR Yellow Bird
Managed to finish my first race without incidents. Turbo was a 80%.
Lars Mars
Gentdrivers Team
This is right, this car is a coffin with wheels but the engine sound is awesome.

I had one race with this one and ended 10th position. It's true, just keep on track and for example, in the first curve after the finish line, I think it's better to deal with it with the 3rd gear and the last one before the finish line, with the 4th gear. Playing it thanks to the torque makes it better balanced and less oversteery.
(12-12-2018, 09:37 AM)Frédéric Stradel Wrote:  This is right, this car is a coffin with wheels but the engine sound is awesome.

I had one race with this one and ended 10th position. It's true, just keep on track and for example, in the first curve after the finish line, I think it's better to deal with it with the 3rd gear and the last one before the finish line, with the 4th gear. Playing it thanks to the torque makes it better balanced and less oversteery.

there is only one place I drop to second and that is the really tight chicane. final bend is ok in third but you do need to be careful
After all, it depends on the driver driving style. Perhaps you accelerated with less pressure on the gas pedal.
(12-12-2018, 11:18 AM)Frédéric Stradel Wrote:  After all, it depends on the driver driving style. Perhaps you accelerated with less pressure on the gas pedal.

It's about accelerating as hard as the rears and your steering angle allow. With this car that is a delicate balancing act all the way around.
Exactly, that's why I drove with these gears to be more balanced, because I didn't have the time to make some setups before.
Has anybody put some decent laps around VIR yet curious to know what times people are getting? I suspect there has not been many people using RSR so I have got nothing to compare my times with.
I would just thank to thank everyone that has raced within this series it has been immensely fun, with some really respectful and clean racing despite it being a hugely challenging car to drive. Today I won around Cadwellpark,securing the series win. This is my first overall series win within SRS so really chuffed. Thanks SRS and all who raced making this such a fun series to be part of.
Well done Simon, congrats!

If only I could have restricted myself to 5 races per week we might have had a fight on, but no way was I missing out on the chance to get maximum amount of wins / podiums / driver ranking with this one, plus love the car so much that would be very harsh to myself to not race it as much as possible Smile

Thanks to SRS for using this masterpiece of an automobile, can't wait for it to return already.
You all are the bravest and best drivers in the world. I tried this car offline and I crashed like 3 times per lap :-). And that was at Nurburgring, I can even imagine how anyone manages to drive it at Cadwell Park :-)
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians