Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Practice and Qualifying Time limits on long tracks
Some time in the past we had the problem that practice on long tracks sometimes took ages because people were finishing their laps.

That's gone now because practice isn't waiting for people to finish their laps anymore. And that's good, thanks for that change.

But would it still be possible to wait for people to finish their laps in qualifying?

Because on some tracks you only get one lap done that way or none at all when you're just a little late to the qualifying. Not to mention the traffic on track when everyone gets on track right at the beginning because otherwise you might not be able to get a full lap.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
I thought you were always able to finish your qualifying lap? Except on Nordschleiffe and LeMans
Yes, as I've said this only happens on long tracks.

Nordschleife would be a bit too extreme to let people finish their laps, but at Le Mans they should let us finish our laps, I'd say.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
You also have this problem in the race after the leader has finished.
I prefer it the way it is tbh. Imagine doing Nords, with a car with an average quali time of 8.30. Some drivers time it well and cross the finish line with 10 seconds to spare for their 2nd hotlap. The rest will then have to wait well over 8 minutes until they're finished.