Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alfa 33
For me it was the first time I drove the Alfa. Never drove this track either. 
1 word: Phenomenal. 
This was 1 of the most enjoyable races I had in a long time. That car really came to live on that track. 
Also, I'm kinda proud I managed to get through the race incident free  Rolleyes
very surprised in Q session, 2nd place at this for me unknown track, start was bad, revs dropped down and with trouble ghet it work, but hold 3rd position for a while, i was too carefully at some corners , T1 specialy, where i spinned car many times before the race

then when there was one lapped car (in lap 2) i lost one place as i must slow to avoid troble with lapped car but driver behind me used this situation to gain advantage, at last lap i saw in Mirrors very hard fighting Stefano so i didn wandt collect any minus points for collision and as he was closing very fast i decided let him by in one slow corner i opted the leftmost side and expected he take inner line but instead he went still behind and hit me a little, luckili i kept the car on track and finish without another problem, little scary drive such a unstable car on this track, but on weekend there will be F330 P4 race, the car is a lot unstable and faster, which will be killing combination
Yes, the 330 P4 will definitely be interesting on this track. Too bad I only have time for one race this weekend.

I had to come up with a lot of funny names for the corners to keep track of where I am: the strange box, the farmhouse, the hotel, the one that announces itself, the one to trailbrake, the 90-degree, the arc, the bosch-arc Big Grin
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
The Alfa is very nice, to be that old is very balanced and not a ship like some other cars of that era, and that engine.. tipically italian style, you need to make it revs, we used to put sub 1000cc NA in cars, so to make the car move you have to change gears in the red line.

the track was very nice, after few laps of knowledge it becomes very enjoable, nice elevetion changes, slow and fast areas, no escape routes, and the nicest thing: THERE ARE NO CURBS.

for Michal, i was a lot faster yes (did only 3 laps offline, in race i did learn the track and was doing something like 4.20) but i was too far away for an overtake, didn't expect your slow down.. i think this thing of incidents points is becoming too mad, in every race there are contact, slow down in a corner to make other pass to avoid a contact is against the spirit of racing, we need to fight and enjoy the fight, not making it frustrating...

anyway, see you with the 330 P4
Yes I definitely should have practiced this track first, didn’t realise what an epic one it is, but seriously, WOW!

Hope this gets used more frequently, what an experience!
Not really a clean start yesterday for a change Big Grin

But I can't complain as I've gained five positions in L1 because of it.

And pretty funny to see so many people struggling with the brake point for T1. Even late in the race people who actually know how to race still locked up their brakes and went wide. Myself included.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
T1 seemed pretty clean from my side, but then at T2 I've been divebombed and bumped from behind, I've saved myself from spinning but lost a lot of speed and this caused many cars following me to flock togheter, the prelude to the T3 mess.
You really notice the small wheelbase at the Nordschleife. All those subtle yet significant elevation changes are quite unsettling. First time in sim racing for me that Schwedenkreuz is actually a scary corner Smile

And you better stay away from the curbs!

ps: don't forget that today's race is one hour ;-)
and pitstop maybe will be needed for fuel
oh many THX to thosse 2 ... which cost mi the title in this champ Sad