Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Assetto Corsa series starting 22/10/2018!
(10-23-2018, 05:47 PM)Jim Canna Wrote:  
(10-23-2018, 05:03 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  More like: A. It forces you to do something other than hotlap by yourself for an hour*, B: see A.

*Because 1 hour races last too long for the vast differences in simracing skill levels present at SRS, you see? Big Grin

Are you trying to be funny or something? Huh

No, actually I'm quite serious. Just about every 1 hour race I've done on SRS is hotlaps for the last 5/6th of the time limit. And I attribute this to the fact that not everyone wants to (or has the time to) put in enough practice to be able to maintain the same fast race pace... much less for that many laps in a row. Once the grid spreads out (quickly), the only way you will actually get to do any actual "racing" is if you are fortunate enough to have one or two other drivers (who happen to sign up for the race at the same time as you) that have very similar lap times (not likely given only 23 to a server and an already niche community) to run along side for the whole hour.

And so: hotlaps after the first couple of laps. Except for that exciting part where you have to go into the pits for that 1 liter of fuel and no tire change since that is typically the best/obvious "strategy" from the various posts I've read about these series. But if that is your thing, go nuts! Smile

(10-23-2018, 09:51 PM)Johnny Major Wrote:  Not sure if this is the correct area to post this.....The sim force vs Just Jean Porsche GT3 cup series is missing week 4. Also, race says fixed, but when we got in server last night, it was open set ups.....

Certainly was fixed tonight. And boy is that default setup a stinker. Car up and spun on me twice out of seemingly nowhere. And given that I climbed from 20th to 12th by lap four, I was not alone. I'll definitely attempt to spend more than 15 minutes practicing with this setup next week.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Assetto Corsa series starting 22/10/2018! - by Russell Sobie - 10-24-2018, 01:54 AM