Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Minutes 59 Seconds
Hi,
I can't tell you how many times I've sat down in my rig, opened up SRS and grabbed my mouse and keyboard at 4 Minutes and 59 Seconds and registration becomes unavailable.
Leaving me having to wait an hour to join another session. Couldn't you be a little lenient with that?
It's pretty frustrating.
it's bad, but time is the same for eveyrone...

anyway i think they should add the feauture to register to the race from the browser.
My guess is that this is prevented because in order to register for a race, it needs to know that you have the required car and/or track installed.

Actually, given that you can have the WRONG version of a car or track installed and still register, only to get booted from the server because of a file mismatch, registering from anywhere on any browser seems feasible and would be pretty nice. I'd love to be able to register for evening races while I'm still at work so that I can walk in the door from work and still have time to Qualify (I usually get home around 2 minutes after races become unavailable).
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(11-01-2018, 04:57 PM)Stefano Zanella Wrote:  it's bad, but time is the same for eveyrone...

anyway i think they should add the feauture to register to the race from the browser.
Yeah, I'd love to understand why the registration process is the way it is. A big notification stating that the cutoff time for registration is 5 minutes before the server opens would bee really helpful. Smile
(11-01-2018, 09:21 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  My guess is that this is prevented because in order to register for a race, it needs to know that you have the required car and/or track installed.

Actually, given that you can have the WRONG version of a car or track installed and still register, only to get booted from the server because of a file mismatch, registering from anywhere on any browser seems feasible and would be pretty nice. I'd love to be able to register for evening races while I'm still at work so that I can walk in the door from work and still have time to Qualify (I usually get home around 2 minutes after races become unavailable).
I seem to be unable to register for an event when I don't have content, but I'm pretty new to SRS and AC, so I've never had to deal with a version mismatch before.
On the topic of browsers, an SRS browser plugin to check content would be pretty cool.