Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seat Leon TCR
It seems as if it understeered way too much, but the worst for me were the brakes. At some point I was running 79% brake bias @ 96% power, but yet I still managed to block my rear tyres
Dzintars I'm guessing your from RD.
I suggest you read up about the mods. This uses real data from current cars.(I've seen it) not to mention constant input from a current TCR driver.
Yes I know you have driven a stripped out road car on track which is different to a race car.

Leaving on a positive I had a great race. Kept out of trouble and a good result.

Dennis the rears will always lock on this type of car. I went the same way with brakes to make it easier to drive.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
Michael you're so wrong.
Huh
With which bit John?
(10-16-2018, 07:32 AM)Michael Martin Wrote:  With which bit John?

Firstly, your convction that just because the data Sean used for the mod comes from a real TCR car, that the mod is accurate. The Physics engine in Assetto Corsa is not an exact science. Its not like you're dropping real data in the engine and in return you have a carbon copy of the real life car in a virtual world. 

Aris would tell you himself, sometimes they have to manipulate things in order to get the car to 'feel' like its real life counterpart. 

TCR cars do not simply lock their rear wheels as part of their character. The car I drove last night did though. You're confusing the lifted wheel with rear locking. A FWD car with a stiff chassis and high grip will lift the inside rear wheel under minimal cornering loads. This wheel locks as its in the air (not causing the car to spin as there is litterally no contact), as soon as that wheel is brought back to earth there will be a puff of smoke and the frictrion will bring back rotation will little to no impact on balance. 
With a 77% front bias yesterday I was still having the feeling of pulling my handbrake every time I pressed the brakes. Regardless what you, Sean or a TCR driver says, its borked. 

Don't discredit anyone with track experience. Even if it is in just a stripped out road car. Afterall, TCR cars are just stripped out road cars right. I mean, if you read up about your real cars as you suggest he does about mod's you'd realise that TCR cars were meant to be as close as possible to their real life counterpart in order to keep costs low and attract manufactures. So, standard suspension pick up points etc etc. 

I have a vid of me driving my Clio RS around Spa in dry/damp conditions. Car is 1150kg's ish and I was running semi slicks, through la source I was lifting my inside rear wheel by around 10-15cm's. In the in car vid's you would not even know!
Huh
The data gets you close and then a current tcr driver drives it and gives feedback. Tweaks made after this.

I was referring to your braking situation with lifted rear wheel. Yes its extreme with the default setup but easily changed as you would in real life. The default setup is just that. Moving it forwards removed the issue of the rears locking.

I'd never discredit anybody with experience. Just saw the i've driven on track argument coming. And wanted to say there is a difference between a club level car (£thousands) and a full on touring car(£ hundred thousand). Maybe i should have been clearer.
I have limited track experience ford fiesta/focus st . Never got a chance to take my 172 round a track.
I don't want to have an argument. Its subjective anyhow. But, it was a fixed setup race last night and I had 77% front bias. When I braked I was only applying around 80% pressure on the pedal and the rear was coming around as if I'd pulled the handbrake up. Its borked.

You move the bias around a lot in an FWD touring/cup car as you're balancing the tyre temps/wear during a race. But at 77% front bias it simply should not lock the rears when in a straight line.

And I'm not discrediting Sean and his TCR driver input. But, I trust Kunos more and if you compare it to the Audi TT Cup the handling is very different. They are almost the same platform. (they actually used the TT cup in the first year of TCR)

(Top tip to demonstrate in real life what I'm talking about: In your 172, you have ABS. Pull the ABS fuse and this will change the brake bias to 50/50. Find a safe place to drive in a straight line, brake as hard as you can and it will brake exactly like the Leon was braking last night)
Huh
Not an argument, healthy discussion.
Just to cover your ass I wouldn't suggest anybody does what you suggest with the clio. It has potential for a large accident.
PS. Don't have it anymore
(10-16-2018, 12:34 PM)Michael Martin Wrote:  Not an argument, healthy discussion.
Just to cover your ass I wouldn't suggest anybody does what you suggest with the clio. It has potential for a large accident.
PS. Don't have it anymore

I did a trackday in zandvoort in my old ph1 172 and one of my abs rings cracked. Let's just say it was a lively session. Wink
Huh
TCR Cars don't lock there rear wheels.....really....ok explain this then? Fast forward to 36 seconds and 2min:08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZcA3Oo-Xn0&t=152s

Yes I agree, you cannot simply take the data and "dump" it but then again, I had this comment back, from a Racing Engineer who drove the real car, and then compared mine.

"Our engineer just showed me the data of the real car compared to the laps he did in Assetto Corsa. Doesn’t differ much. Very impressive I must say.
That means you did an awesome job with the physics"

Regards

Shaun