Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Standings
I searched everywhere on the forum but I couldn't find it.....In the standings page there is a column named SP....what does it means ?
(03-23-2021, 09:41 PM)Fabio Borghino Wrote:  I searched everywhere on the forum but I couldn't find it.....In the standings page there is a column named SP....what does it means ?
Hi Fabio, there is for sure more than a thread on the forum but instead of searching for it I'd better answer since this is a short one: it means the sum of placements. If in a week you had a 1st, a 3rd and a 5th place, the SP will be 1 + 3 + 5 = 9. It can be a tie-breaker for the series in case of equal points and wins (the lowest SP, the better).
I survived lap 1. Now I can deal with anything in life.
Sum of Position
It's the sum of the positions obtained in the races.
Obviously lower it's better

Edit:
LOL also here behind roncaglia
ok,thanks guys.....it sounds odd to me though  Huh....so,let's see if I got it right....in a 5 week championship driver A races once in a week and wins all 5 races he scores "102+102+102+102+102 =510" SP=5....driver B wins 2 races per week he scores 510 as well because the best result counts but his SP will be 10.....he wins double and loose the championship  Rolleyes
(03-24-2021, 08:50 AM)Fabio Borghino Wrote:  ok,thanks guys.....it sounds odd to me though  Huh....so,let's see if I got it right....in a 5 week championship driver A races once in a week and wins all 5 races he scores "102+102+102+102+102 =510" SP=5....driver B wins 2 races per week he scores 510 as well because the best result counts but his SP will be 10.....he wins double and loose the championship  Rolleyes
No, the championship will be won by racer B, because the first tie-breaker is the number of total wins. If racer A and racer B have both, say, 12 wins, the tie-breaker will be the SP.
I survived lap 1. Now I can deal with anything in life.
I believe if SP is used to break a tie the lower number wins, not the higher number. But I’ve never seen a championship decided by such a narrow margin to know for sure.
got it ....that makes sense
I'd say the actual tie breaker (after comparing positions) is based on SP divided by the number of races.
not really matters to me I'm not going to win any champ.....just wondering what was that high number compared to most of the others....it just means I take too much races Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin