Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penalties are not ON in SRS races and qualy..
Information 
And RSR LiveTiming will not register lap times.

I started using Content Manager a couple weeks ago (replacing the original assettocorsa.exe launcher) and started having problems with RSR and "penalties not enabled" always showing, even if enabled in CM.

I used to revert to the original launcher, open AC, check the Penalties box, exit AC, change back to the CM launcher, and all was good, but finally discovered a line in my \docs\assettocorsa\cfg\race.ini file was  being toggled from "PENALTIES=1" to "0" and only had to edit the file, even as CM was running.
Then found that turning off penalties in Single Drive races is what's toggling race.ini which also disables RSR online.

So, I wonder if SRS started using CM lately and might have left penalties un-checked on the Single Drive page. I'd love to have RSR working again in the races as I get my best times there (but still 5sec slower  Dodgy )!

Idea ------------ [UPDATE] ------------ Idea

Because SRS has Penalties OFF in any race I join, it resets my \docs\assettocorsa\cfg\race.ini with Penalties=OFF even though they still show checked ON in Content Manager.  

It seems Penalties are not being set/unset on the CM Server page (I thought it was the "gas cut disable penalty" box but isn't).
It will reset after running a Single Drive session that has penalties enabled, but running a Server does not (there is no "penalties enable" checkbox on the page).

SRS Admin...Please re-enable Penalties in AC Single Player mode so they will work on the server again.

Thank you!
I started to use CM from a while and I'm experiencing the issue Rob noted in this old thread. I resume it hoping that this can be fixed, and/or to know if anyone was able to solve the issue. Thanks!
I survived lap 1. Now I can deal with anything in life.
I believe it's permanently turned off (by the admin) during races for bandwidth savings. It has been left ON (by mistake) for a few races until it was discovered, then disappeared again. Maybe it causes glitches in races with a lot of drivers using it, the same way CM can cause freezes when updating new skins while driving.
RSR will stay off until you either start an offline race (that has penalties enabled), or edit the 'race.ini' file as mentioned above.
(03-21-2021, 12:57 PM)Rob Russo Wrote:  I believe it's permanently turned off (by the admin) during races for bandwidth savings. It has been left ON (by mistake) for a few races until it was discovered, then disappeared again. Maybe it causes glitches in races with a lot of drivers using it, the same way CM can cause freezes when updating new skins while driving.
RSR will stay off until you either start an offline race (that has penalties enabled), or edit the 'race.ini' file as mentioned above.
I think is a CM glitch anyway, with the standard AC launcher RSR works perfectly online. Not a major issue, but it would be nice having it fixed.
Ahhh, I never tried the standard launcher to test it. Very interesting! Exclamation
I don't think it's a CM glitch, though, but is turned off to help server efficiency IMHO.
(03-21-2021, 02:33 PM)Rob Russo Wrote:  Ahhh, I never tried the standard launcher to test it. Very interesting! Exclamation
I don't think it's a CM glitch, though, but is turned off to help server efficiency IMHO.
Give a try to the standard launcher and let me know if RSR it's working for you, I'm curious!
I noticed this problem as well. I thought that it was caused by tracks that aren't 'approved' by RSR. I figured something to do with the track mod itself wasn't meshing with RSR for some reason. I don't think the kunos tracks have any issues.

I could be wrong, just throwing out ideas cause I'm basically a newb when it comes to computers.
(03-21-2021, 03:07 PM)Gianluca Roncaglia Wrote:  Give a try to the standard launcher and let me know if RSR it's working for you, I'm curious!

Ok, eventually, but it will have to be a "non-essential" race since I would miss my instant teleport-to-pit button! Sometimes stopping off track is such a bother, and dangerous! Tongue
(03-21-2021, 04:16 PM)Jason Jones Wrote:  I noticed this problem as well.  I thought that it was caused by tracks that aren't 'approved' by RSR.  I figured something to do with the track mod itself wasn't meshing with RSR for some reason.  I don't think the kunos tracks have any issues. 

I could be wrong, just throwing out ideas cause I'm basically a newb when it comes to computers.
Could have been a possibility, but I still had this in the Kunos Nurnurgring track. I had only a couple of races via CM anyway, so maybe next time RSR will work, who knows Smile