Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More tracks a week
Wink 
I noticed that the grid sizes are to low especially on weekends starting already Friday. I doubt that this is all due to weekend-plans and think, many are just over-saturated like me with the car-/track combinations. One of the last things i remember from my iRacing-account is, they switched from weekly to daily changing tracks. I think that´s to harsh (and expensive), but one week the same track is just boring for the daily users as well. My suggestion is changing tracks two times a week. Monday to Thursday and Friday to Sunday.
The system should put 4 diferent tracks and not 2 tracks with 4 diferent cars. I think u get bored due to the fact that u got 1 track for 2 diferent series per week (mx5/lotus and dallara/gt3). But i believe next series will be diferent.
Another thing is my personal case, i only can race tne gt3 series at 8pm gmt+1 on the weekend and none during the week...
Having four different tracks could be better, but isn´t solving the low subscriber-rates on weekends. There must be something new every Friday over the weekend. If it´s a new track or a special event i don´t care. Just don´t get boring.
Good point, that example. A special weekend race could get more ppl to join for sure.
Good idea and instead to the Lotus 25 slot nobody uses, i would place a daily surprise race plus changing tracks twice a week. Saturday and/or Sunday just one Endurance-Race on a fixed time of day maybe restricted to upper ratings. That would spice up things a bit Wink
Not everyone has the possibility to run everyday Smile we must keep the system more or less balanced for all types of racers, ence the 1 week timeframe.

Regarding 4 different tracks, well, its possible but seems to me that with just 2, people can master them easily since they end up doing that specific track/layout more. but its a fair point.
(08-14-2016, 02:08 PM)Lino Carreira Wrote:  Not everyone has the possibility to run everyday Smile we must keep the system more or less balanced for all types of racers, ence the 1 week timeframe.

By switching the tracks more often, the same tracks would reappear more soon as well in the rotation Wink

A new track is a new chance for all and with the decreasing numbers of racers at weekends i don´t think that time is the issue. Guys like me are just bored and starters will soon find out, that they are far behind the pace. It´s increasing during the week. People have tweaked their setups and driving the faster lines. Like in the GT3 this week the pace increased two or even three seconds in average during the week and that´s frustrating for the starters. Changing tracks more often would be a benefit for the casual racers. They will prefer some tracks over others (and probably no mods) and will spare one they don´t like (probably Paul Ricard).

And what´s with some special events on weekends like GT3 endurance or some street car fights? You can keep the weekly time frame if there´s something else going on and Friday evening would be a good starting point with like two races each day following, one hour duration or more and reduced damage.
We actually had at some point different series on the weekend with some Endurance races, it was not well received at all :/ , we will re-evaluate everything once the vacation period ends, depending on how many people we start seeing on the races we will "think" about concurrent series giving more flavor and more tracks for people to run in Smile
(08-16-2016, 05:42 PM)Lino Carreira Wrote:  We actually had at some point different series on the weekend with some Endurance races, it was not well received at all :/ , we will re-evaluate everything once the vacation period ends, depending on how many people we start seeing on the races we will "think" about concurrent series giving more flavor and more tracks for people to run in Smile

The VLN-races was a good idea and i did two races with a pretty full grid. Biggest problem was the 100% damage, which kicked many people out. I remember on race with the historic F1: We started with 18 people and i was the only one finishing the race. More than the last lap was all mine  Big Grin Confused

Second issue was: way to many races of that kind. Should be more like one race in the afternoon, one in the evening.