Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic F1
Well, Saturday I was very lucky I think, 0 incidents, but Sunday was another story. Was very careful in T1, but a car did spin in front of me, and bang....impossible to avoid running into him...
So the race was pretty much spoiled after 20 seconds.... I guess thats racing... However, when I saw the results, I got 7 incidents, but I know only about two of them.... Do we get several incidents for a singel crash? Sometimes a hit involves several contacts.
Erik
(09-17-2018, 08:15 AM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  Kind of like the who's who of SRS Big Grin

Eheh, indeed, that was kinda cool Smile

Same here Erik: I had one (or maybe two) in the T1 mess and then later another (on you ; sorry about that, locked my front wheels, couldn't steer to the inside) and I got 7 incidents total...
My understanding is that it counts every individual contact. Would be ideal if it had some sort of decay on counting the next one, but perhaps they figure if it is a really bad wreck, you are going to get dinged a few times so up goes the count. *shrug*
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
I hadn't thought about it until Simon mentioned it but yeah, a lot of recognisable names in the Sunday race which is always nice.
Hi,

It was a good race, though I made a couple of stupid mistakes that left me driving the last half of the race with the steering 90deg out :-)

I believe that there is some sort of contact filtering going on already, though it is a small ( 1s or less ) window. Just looking at Pierre's bump with Erik in T1, there are actually 7 individual contacts that Pierre has, but they have not all been counted.
Hey, I didn't bump anyone and didn't get bumped – I just said I slowed down because some other guys got into each other.

My messed up race was 100% on my own Big Grin
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Sorry Simon wrong name Blush

Have edited post.
Hey all

I really enjoyed the last race, though this track does seem to cause more than a few problems!

I was wondering if anyone else is experimenting with setups? I found that I had time this week so did a few tweaks here and there, was surprised by the results.

Looking forward to the next race, looks like for the most part there's some really good racing. *Watching the replay was really entertaining, looked like things were very intense for most of the race, and the more cautious approach seemed to win out!
Great race today boys, fair driving from everyone around me. I went for safety, was going about a second behind my personal best during most of the race. Better to be a bit slow than to drive of the track. C U Sunday evening :-)
Erik
Yep that was a great race, shame there were only 5 Lotuses in the server.

My personal goal was to beat the other Lotuses as I think the Ferrari is a bit too quick really. Regardless I don’t use the Ferrari even though I can lap quicker in it simply because I hate the way it drives.

So ending up 2nd with zero contacts was even sweeter than normal, consistency paid off for Erik too I see, nicely done!

No chance of catching Max who stormed to victory, I was losing 0.5-1s every lap, congrats Max!