Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
100% Damage for AC is too much.
Hi guys, from my experience, 100% damage in AC is unrealistic. For example today I had same minor contact (light yellow in the hud) and I lost more that 20 Km/h in the straight.I race in other leagues and everywhere the damage is well below 100% (usually 35%). I'm speaking of the GT3 championship, dunno for other categories.
What do you think?
I agree with Marco. I had the same problem  yesterday: I had to pit and my race was over...
Same here today with the top-speed (265 instead of 285 km/h). People started overtaking like i´m in a slower class and unlikely not getting bumped from behind in the first lap or even corner. Second problem is, that the guys hitting me have less damage than my car, because front-splitter is not affecting top-speed. And not realistic to get any aero-damage form a small bump anyway.

From four races i could just finished one. Both races on Monday and Tuesday people hit me in the back first and third corner. Car roasted and race finished. Today some idiot did some burnouts last corner and again. And the Dallara is to sensible as well to any kind of contact. Maybe more realistic with this cars, but no fun.
+1 
totally agree, had exactly the same problem. some minor contact in the first couple of turns, and lost 20 km/h on the straights. race is pretty much over after that, because one loses more than one second on the long straight (in paul ricard) alone.
please reduce damage. 35%, like proposed by marco, sound good!
Today again, was slightly hit in the usual first corner carnage, ad my lap times was 2,5 secs slower...
At the moment there's enough people for one split only usually and there's a wide spread of abilities in that split. So maybe a reduction in the damage level is a good idea.

In the future when hopefully there's a lot more people using SRS, then you could have 100% damage for split 1, 80% for split 2 etc...
+1 to Sparco idea. It makes all sense.
rep up^^
(08-12-2016, 09:41 PM)Stefan Sparco Wrote:  At the moment there's enough people for one split only usually and there's a wide spread of abilities in that split. So maybe a reduction in the damage level is a good idea.

In the future when hopefully there's a lot more people using SRS, then you could have 100% damage for split 1, 80% for split 2 etc...

+1
rep up
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.5GHz | ASUS Prime B350-Plus | 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz RAM | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX1070 8GB OC | Triple DELL 22" 1920x1080 | SimHub on 2nd DELL 15" monitor | Win10 Pro | Microsoft Xbox One Gamepad | Logitech G27+H shifter
Just got a tiny bump to the side (light yellow) and was already 5 Km/h slower on the straight with the Glickenhaus. And this 5 km/h more than any other car was the reason i give it a try even it´s not so fast per lap  Confused

Just read in the AC-forum
Quote:The simulation of damage is very limited right now. For example, you were bumped from behind, which means that automatically the game is giving to your rear wing a penalty of 0.01 in lift + 0.015 in drag per damage point, regardless if that impact wouldnt have damaged the rear wing in the real car in first place, but for me, the worst thing is that it adds up progressively and is cumulative, as if per impact, the wing is getting an additional damage, regardless of its material, resistance and even position.
Seems that damage is some kind of bullshit-bingo in AC Big Grin
That's why the damage should be set at 35%, it's wrong right now and it's not realistic, so there's no good reason, even realism, for keep it at 100%. Just look at any major league, no one is using 100%...