Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brand new!
Hello people!
I am brand new to SRS, even though i signed up a few months back when i got my PC.
I've been stuck on iRacing since i made the change to PC 3 months ago, but thought i'd give SRS a try now that it's week 13, and i am very impressed both by SRS and Assetto Corsa!

I only knew AC from xbox, and really tried to love it.
On PC it is a lot easyer to love, and honestly, i think it might have been a mistake from them to invest on console development.

Anyway! I'll be joining some random races on here once in a while, and look forward to understanding how things work, how often races get renewed, and what is best for a rookie like me to race in Smile
Welcome Stefanos, hope you'll like it here.

Interesting about the console. What are the big differences you think ? Or rather, what's wrong with the console version ?
Welcome to SRS, Stefanos. Glad you're here!

AC on PC gives you the ability to use a much wider range of hardware, mods, great third-party apps (I don't use any of the stock ones anymore), CrewChief, and an awesome custom launcher (called Content Manager).
Ah. Yeah, that's one thing I should have thought about... I was just thinking the other day what a biiiiip it would be without Content manager...
@Pierre
Ive only done a few races but the options with the apps is awesome.
Also the quality of the game itself is so much better! i don't know if the physics are better? i just feel the game a lot more on PC than i ever did on console. Will have to get back to it though to evaluate

@David - will have to look into content manager... do you have a link so that i don't download some sort of malware?
https://assettocorsa.club/content-manager.html

(the full version is worth it)
Another benefit of AC on PC: Triple-screen, ultrawide, and VR display options!