Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
characteriscs of the track
I always have the impression when I do do hoplappinng for training on the coming track that the track is different then in the races.
Is the race track condition published ?
Lars
Lars Mars
Gentdrivers Team
I've had the same feeling for a long time and been wondering why too. Same time of day, same temperature and even when the grip has come up to 100%, the car feels different on the server.
I agree there's a something, it could be just maybe the adrenaline but on some tracks i can feel slightly more grip, and yet im always far from my pb, at least 0.2/0.5s slower, which i find really weird. It's supposed to be 100% track grip always, same temperatures etc.., but there's a difference offline.

It doesn't bother me that much, i guess it could be sorted with telemetry and two good nearly identical laps.
(09-03-2018, 09:01 PM)James Blint Wrote:  I agree there's a something, it could be just maybe the adrenaline but on some tracks i can feel slightly more grip, and yet im always far from my pb, at least 0.2/0.5s slower, which i find really weird. It's supposed to be 100% track grip always, same temperatures etc..,  but there's a difference offline.

It doesn't bother me that much, i guess it could be sorted with telemetry and two good nearly identical laps.

I've noticed that track trip is not always 100% it was 97% on qualifying on Maserati gt4 and then 100% during race. Like you said I'm sure time of day and temp also have major impact. It would be nice if these were published to practice of exact same conditions.
They are. We are all practicing on the same exact settings as what is posted for server setups. I think the main point of these posts is to indicate that even though we have our local setups the same as the posted server settings, there still seems to be something different which makes us a teeny bit faster when driving on the server. I think it's either placebo effect, or there is simply something different about logging onto a server, physics-wise.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
One thing that I think is different is that track condition in practice/quali are different than in the race, and they improve throughout the quali. If built-in AC mechanism is used for that, note that how quickly conditions improve depends on the number of laps multiplied by the number of cars. So they will improve much faster if you have 20 cars on track than you have 5. Track conditions are also transferred between session (practice to quali to race) to some extent, see https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index...ngs.45370/ for more details.

I also wondering if, especially on borderline machines, having to deal with different computational load between the race and practicing alone may have an effect. If the computer in addition to dealing with your car physics has to handle server communication and rendering of up to 20 or so other cars, it might change things.

But I am pretty sure that much of it is in your head. I for example cannot maintain the same mindset when alone on the track (completely alone or away from any competitors) versus chasing someone or having someone breathing up my neck or rather up my rear bumper.
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians
Never really noticed a grip difference once the server gets to 100% grip in the race but I have noticed that I'm always faster in the race than when I practised. For me this is because I tend to be faster when chasing someone or if I have someone pressuring me from behind, causes me to focus and push harder than I do in practice.
(09-06-2018, 03:45 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  They are. We are all practicing on the same exact settings as what is posted for server setups. I think the main point of these posts is to indicate that even though we have our local setups the same as the posted server settings, there still seems to be something different which makes us a teeny bit faster when driving on the server. I think it's either placebo effect, or there is simply something different about logging onto a server, physics-wise.
Hey Russell,

Where find the track conditions?
Lars Mars
Gentdrivers Team
Yeah I have never noticed a difference between offline or online except FPS of course. Less FPS means less time to react as the next frame comes slower. I definitely got quicker when i had a new GPU because I was previously dropping frames especially at turn in so that can be a factor.

But for me the main thing is precisely as Will said, I myself always set my best times either chasing or being chased by someone very quick. Also I just don’t have the concentration with no other cars on track so I easily lose immersion and thus make mistakes.
No matter how much I practice, I'll always be faster while being in the server. I'll agree with what it's already said. Placebo effect in combination with adrenaline. Suddenly we have something to gain there, apart from going a few tenths quicker.