Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not appearing in RR results
Hi,
I'm new to this and am greatly enjoying racing with you guys and not being crashed into like in public server. However, I'm not appearing in the results of any of the races I take part of. I was told it might have to do with my RaceRoom name.

My RaceRoom nick name is AMG Batres, and my RaceRoom username is KarayaZgz. I have configured this last one in the RR username we must fill in in the SRS Control Panel: KarayaZgz. And to no avail: I never appear in the race results. Any help with this?
Thank you in advance!!! I'm off to race a bit Smile
your RRE name should be Mark A G Batres.
Could you please elaborate more?
Why he has to have other different RRE username , if there is a field in SRS profile to enter RRE username ?
If RRE profile name has to be exactly the same as SRS login name, then what RRE username field in SRS profile is for?

My RRE username is MaXyM. I've entered it into SRS profile. Ranks are being counted. In fact I have no wins, even if I won some races. But in those cases there were no more than 2 drivers attended.
it's explained on the instructions

http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=2435
Yes, I know that document. It describes how to use RRE username, which is obviously different than SRS login name. This is how I have it set.
That's why I don't get why you said to Mark something opposite .
it describes where to insert your SRS username on your RRE profile so that your ingame name matches your SRS username.
It also tells you to copy your RRE username and paste it on your SRS profile.
I cannot agree with your the first sentence. The document tells, that:
1. SRS username has to match first- and sure-name found in RRE account settings
2. RRE profile name has to be copied to dedicated field in SRS profile.

There is no information in mentioned document, that RRE profile name has to be equal to your SRS username.

In my case: Michal Kozusznik are my names (and SRS login name according to SRS rules)
MaXyM is my RRE game profile name. following the document I have entered it into SRS profile.
Right now I consider I fulfilled all requirements. Didn't I?

At the end I can see myself in race results, and in standings. With exception of those races which had too few drivers attended.
I never said you didn't fulfill the requirements.

You use your real name inside RRE and it matches your SRS username.
RRE username is on the correct field on SRS profile, so everything is ok.

(08-30-2018, 11:56 PM)Michal Kozusznik Wrote:  I cannot agree with your the first sentence. The document tells, that:

Don't know where you got that but i advise you to stop here.

(08-30-2018, 11:56 PM)Michal Kozusznik Wrote:  I cannot agree with your the first sentence. The document tells, that:
2. RRE profile name has to be copied to dedicated field in SRS profile.

There is no information in mentioned document, that RRE profile name has to be equal to your SRS username.

In my case: Michal Kozusznik are my names (and SRS login name according to SRS rules)
MaXyM is my RRE game profile name. following the document  I have entered it into SRS profile.
Right now I consider I fulfilled all requirements. Didn't I?
(08-31-2018, 12:34 AM)simracingsystem Wrote:  I never said you didn't fulfill the requirements.

You use your real name inside RRE and it matches your SRS username.
RRE username is on the correct field on SRS profile, so everything is ok.

(08-30-2018, 11:56 PM)Michal Kozusznik Wrote:  I cannot agree with your the first sentence. The document tells, that:

Don't know where you got that but i advise you to stop here.
I could stop, but I really feel we can improve instructions for new users. I'm a few-days user having fresh experience after going though the process. Not I didn't make it, but I felt quidelines are misleading. I'd be glad to help you with this.
Answering on you question, I got it from RRE instructions:
[Image: nF4sHNP.png]
Also in SRS instructions I found following text (look at the last sentence):
[Image: k4mW2dl.png]
Which is not mandatory for RRE. I'm almost sure SRS works with any RRE profile name the game is using, after properly set it up on SRS profile page.
Let's return to OP post. He's RRE profilename is KarayaZgz. Following RRE instructions, it's enough to put this name into SRS settings available in User CP/Edit Profile/RRE Username. You did suggest "Mark A G Batres" name which raised my initial question.

I'm not going to blame you or SRS site, which I found to be a great initiative. But brand new user may find discrepancies over here and over ther making process of joining this community harder than should be (unless it's not intended to be a IQ test for incoming users ;Wink )

With regards.