Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
4K support (Win10)
Hello
I'm aware that high PPI display devices (4K or Retina based monitors) are still being used by minority of users. But maybe you can find some spare time to improve High DPI compatibility of SRS app. I have no experience with high DPI monitors running with previous versions of Windows, but Windows 10 introduced new approach to scale UIs. In result GUIs of applications which don't support new DPI Awareness modes, are displayed as very small (1:1 pixel ratio) or are scaled up by OS. Such scaling makes GUI as big as requested by high PPI display, but the content is scaled as an image which especially hurts quality of text written with true type fonts.
Here is example from SRS: side by side comparison between content generated by Firefox browser (on the left side), and SRS application (on the right side). As you can see a text written with use of fonts blurred in SRS app

[Image: xsTF4Fp.png]

Here is link to msdn: https://docs.microsoft.com/cs-cz/windows..._awareness
with regards

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I found a partial solution to this issue.
In executable (SRS.exe) properties, I've checked "Override high DPI scaling behaviour" and selected "Application" from available options.
Please note, I have option to try Windows to fix blurred applications disabled.

With such settings I have SRS app GUI crystal clear, but there is one drawback. The application starts with window smaller than it's content. So every time I run SRS app, I have to stretch its window to match content size.

Anyway, I remain asking devs for updating their app.