Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G'Day from Melbourne, Australia
G'Day,
Just getting into Sim Racing (watched too much YouTube).  Assetto Corsa is my drug of choice.
Used to race motocycles (track) and way too many track days.  Wasn't that good at racing (explains why I limp when I walk), but enjoyed our racing in the midfield. So, no danger of me being an alien in Sim Racing.

Noob questions : Is there a SRS Racing FAQ?  
First race was the Maserati GT4 at Spa. In Driving Aids it has : TC: 1 // AB : 1 // SC : 0  - Thought it would be Traction Control : ON and ABS : ON.  But in the race I (and I think everyone else) didn't have these aids. I was looking for a gentle introduction to sim racing, but I'm sure Murray Walker would have lost his voice ('Spin!, Spin!, Spin!').

Cheers
Paul

'
Welcome from a fellow Melbournian! Smile

All SRS races use the factory assist settings. So if a car has TC or ABS in real life, it can be used. If it has no assists, then no assists can be used, which is the case with that Maserati. Smile
I'm an American who just visited Melbourne in June. We visited friends there and drove the Great Ocean Road with them. A very cool part of the world and full of great people. Welcome to SRS.