Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Head starters on Donington National (Toyota)
I was wondering why so many jumped the start in that same race yesterday. Never seen so many in a single race before.

That race was one of the more strange ones I've been involved in at SRS. Seemingly a good half of the grid were drivers who were overly aggressive, either in terms of high risk overtakes, blocking/weaving or just in general not exhibiting safe racecraft. I was spun around twice from people basically pit manoeuvring me, which has rarely happened to me here before.

People were happy to go up to three cars wide in some corners on a track with some narrow sections, which caused a crescendo effect with cars behind catching up and causing big packs to form, leading to all manner of incidents across the field (I can safely say that if there is a slow pack of cars in front, get off the gas instead of trying to full throttle your way through the carnage like you're bloody Ricky Bobby, please).

I like complex multiple car battles, but they were only happening in that race because a few drivers were pushing their way through, causing other cars to slow up and bunch up with cars behind. I don't think I've ever watched my rear-view mirror as much as I did in that race, you couldn't trust anyone to not divebomb you if you left the inside of a corner open, even if they were too far behind to realistically make a move work safely.

I guess I still had enough fun in that race despite the result, but it was more due to the fact that it felt like a tense drive to survive the chaos as opposed to a good clean race. Hopefully just a blip on the radar and not something that will be commonplace going forward.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Head starters on Donington National (Toyota) - by Justin Talent - 08-21-2018, 04:49 AM