Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
less incidents to suspend account
the title is clear... i think there are a lot of people that really does not matter to hit other vehicles, maybe the people with a lot of ping has an excuse, but there are very agressives, people who don't want to lose the position in the fuc... practice, and what to say about the tipical hit from behind in a curve to get rid the vehicle in front... yes, he ends with your position and you are doing spins... i think 20 race incidents is big number, i would reduce to 15 or 12 or limit cars by rating, yes, i don't have a lot of rating points but for example, the mazda 787B is very difficult for a guy who has only 20 or 30 of rating... the mazda 787b races are a madness at the starts... and you can collide with 2 or 3 cars because they are like in an ice track...
For an automated system, you have to set it high enough that it would never catch anyone that didn't actually deserve it. Speaking as someone who recently raced perfectly clean and wasn't overly agressive in passing (what I thought should have been) obvious overtake opportunities in the Toyota GT86 series, I actually got up to a personal record 15 incidents.

And there's no way I should be suspended for that race.

Multiple others? We'll see! But that's what the Protest Form is for. A non-automated process that doesn't use a fairly arbitrary "physics collision with anything" method of trying to detect assholes.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(08-10-2018, 06:56 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  For an automated system, you have to set it high enough that it would never catch anyone that didn't actually deserve it. Speaking as someone who recently raced perfectly clean and wasn't overly agressive in passing (what I thought should have been) obvious overtake opportunities in the Toyota GT86 series, I actually got up to a personal record 15 incidents.

And there's no way I should be suspended for that race.

Multiple others? We'll see! But that's what the Protest Form is for. A non-automated process that doesn't use a fairly arbitrary "physics collision with anything" method of trying to detect assholes.
You may not have deserved it Russell but if a suspension was much easier to have surely the standard of driving in that race would be better. For one people would be more cautious and second there would be less people that just don't care racing because they have already been suspended.
Maybe also you win too much points for some random races, generally in motorsports you don't get 80% of the winner points when you end up 10th or something, rather a percent or even a fraction of that, if anything. You could be last and still get more than half of a win's points even with incidents, i think that's too easy and probably push people to do just plenty of races without preparation or caring too much, while on the other hand, the really capable and safe drivers, they have to compete with that for a long time to get the ranking they deserve. It's good to encourage newcomers to pick up the system since it's rapidly rewarding, but then it doesn't really help to have more meaninglful ranking and splits or to "fix" your attitude on the track, there s not much reasons, you still get plenty of points and rating...
I agree that it might cull the chaff if we suspended more for less, but I really don't like automated systems of any kind that can easily be triggered by good behavior as well as bad. How incidents are calculated is an impossible problem until we hit the singularity and there's an AI steward smarter than all the humans racing to pass out penalties for being a dipshit, but until then, kicking/warning/suspending/banning people for being a victim of repeated punts/divebombs shouldn't be a thing, in my opinion. 20 is high enough that theoretically you'd hit that in just a couple of laps if you were intentionally wrecking. As it turns out, 15? Not so much.

I'm off to record more protest videos now! Cheers!
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz