Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ginetta race server 1 died last lap?
I showed no connection to the server going into my final lap. Looks like the results from it were not delivered either.
This was one of those cases where we got stuck in Practice. After we did the hokey pokey and had everyone rejoin, do a lap, get in the pits, qualification started up. But I guess we took too long to do this and the server booted us before it was time?
It may be useful to mention that just before Practice got stuck, we had one member try a second time to join the server with a mismatch (likely of the car). Could it be that people attempting to join with outdated car or track data could confuse servers during practice? Likely a total coincidence, but I thought it useful to mention.

Edit: Confirmed that everyone got booted. Is there any settings for AC server setup to not allow more than, say, 1 minute of overtime for drivers out on the track at the end of a session? If the server kicking everyone because it has to prep for the next race, then a solution to that problem would be to circumvent the possibility of Practice or Qualifications getting stuck due to it thinking that someone is still in overtime on their current lap.

Edit Edit: Did some very minor research. There's a server config option that reads "QUALIFY_MAX_WAIT_PERC=120" which indicates that it takes the session's current fastest time and allows that much time before ending the current session. I'm curious if 1) this value also effects Practice sessions and could be set to something like 101 or even 0 and just stop the sessions when the time actually runs out (i.e. no more overtime). and 2) If there is simply another setting called "PRACTICE_MAX_WAIT_PERC=" that you could set to do the same type of thing.

Frankly I find the practice session just about useless since we don't get 100% grip during practice anyway. Might as well just not have any overtime available. Practice time runs out, automatically kick people back to the pits.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz