Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oreca
please set te minimum points for this series to 700 

2 races in row and total carnage got so many hits that car was unusable, not working rear wimg and totaly unacceptable behavior on track, on server 1 it looked worse than public servers Sad
I thought you were exaggerating, but then I watched the replay... Honestly, I would've quit if I got battered that hard on first lap.
On the other hand, yesterday I had a completely clean Oreca race and a catastrophic DTM90 race. Shit happens sometimes, and choking out the playerbase with unreasonably high requirements isn't going to change that.
(07-22-2018, 08:50 PM)Lari Salminen Wrote:  On the other hand, yesterday I had a completely clean Oreca race and a catastrophic DTM90 race. Shit happens sometimes, and choking out the playerbase with unreasonably high requirements isn't going to change that.
In Oreca champ shit happens every race. Yesterday some guy dived in first corner(the same guy crashed me on a warmup lap in qualify), and i lost my car a bit. Sorry for that. Happy, that i didn't seriously crashed anyone, and just lost all my positions. In Monza i made totally clean start, but in first corner already dot 6 incidents from behind. Only the first race in Watkins Glen was clean for me. I thought, there are crazy drivers in Porsche GT1 cup few month ago, but no. Oreca drivers totally beat them.
Fast cars require a certain skill/practice level to be able to drive them safely. I don't think setting safety requirement limits for each series is unreasonable, unfortunately SRS rating is not a safety rating nor a performance rating, it would still help though to set at last some limits for high power, high aero, slick cars.

Monza is a madness thanks to it's ridiculous 3 chicanes no matter what you do though, especially slow T1 that many cars struggle to even turn around in. The first 2 chicanes IMHO should be changed to be much faster and wider instead of these slow diving/bombing chicanes. The 3rd one is much better, much faster too.

Only respect and clean driving from everyone in the field will make a nice clean lap 1 T1 on Monza in any car. You literally gotta crawl if you're not starting at the top as everyone has to slow down and get behind each other for T1, of course many try and do side by side T1 which is fine but it doesn't work well in AC, in reality they often do even 3 wide T1 by cutting the 2nd corner to avoid collisions, there is simply no space and going 2 wide is even slower and smaller radius to turn around. With wide cars... good luck Big Grin
(07-23-2018, 07:30 AM)Yuriy Voronov Wrote:  
(07-22-2018, 08:50 PM)Lari Salminen Wrote:  On the other hand, yesterday I had a completely clean Oreca race and a catastrophic DTM90 race. Shit happens sometimes, and choking out the playerbase with unreasonably high requirements isn't going to change that.
          In Oreca champ shit happens every race. Yesterday some guy dived in first corner(the same guy crashed me on a warmup lap in qualify), and i lost my car a bit. Sorry for that. Happy, that i didn't
          seriously crashed anyone, and just lost all my positions. In Monza i made totally clean start, but in first corner already dot 6 incidents from behind. Only the first race in Watkins Glen was clean for me.
          I thought, there are crazy drivers in Porsche GT1 cup few month ago, but no. Oreca drivers totally beat them.

Most likely me who ended up blasting through T1. locked up my breaks and was breaking way too late already. Sry for that  Sad .
I couldent manage the car that day. Totaly messed up my car setup and I was all over the place. I had to just quit the race after 2-3 laps before I created more carnage
Driver rating of 700 might be a bit steep. I can easily get around the track in this car at a modest pace cleanly and I'm at 673 currently. The guy in third place in this series is just under 500.

That said, SRS driver rating doesn't have much to do with anything other than an illustration that you have been here for at least a little while and manage to get top 10 on the regular. In my case I won't race if I can't control the car, but I'm sure there's plenty of folks 600+ that don't have that kind of self control. The algorithm for constructing that number is 1) a mystery and 2) doesn't really seem to do much good, even when there is a rating limitation on various series. We'd probably be better off with a number called "incident rating" with a clearly communicated algorithm that only takes into account your incident average of the last X races you were in. Something like 100 races. If you don't have 100 races, you don't have an incident rating, and you can't join races that require an incident rating of whatever. Don't have an incident rating low enough for the posted series limit? You also don't get to race in limited series.

Until then, learn OBS, make protest videos, report bad decisions. At the very least you might make the roads a safer place for a week or two.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
incident rating is bad too, it didn count if accident make you or someone else to you, at the start 2 years agou i got many hits from rear as i was starting in races with total rookies so after 2 months i was on 2,8 from this strat and it cost me more than year to got it under 2,0 but it is very hard when startin at middle of pack and get bumps in more than half of the races, last week i colect 5 and 6 hits in one race which i cannot awoid, so many fast driver has only luck to start at front and go ahead and not meet these bumper drivers
I start mid pack pretty often and my average is 2.4. You aren't wrong. However, the limits imposed by such a system would be tuned based on logic and reason. I certainly wouldn't suggest there be a racing series that requires your incident average to be less than 1, for instance. But if your average is 3 or 4+? Race a whole lot more races.

Also, based on my suggestion, all you have to do is race enough to get your 2 years ago wreckfest races dropped off your list. Only the more recent races would count towards this rating so that people would never be incentivized to try to sign up as a new user just because they screwed the pooch when they first joined. Want a better incident rating? Race more. And race more carefully... even if it means starting your next 100 races from the pits.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Does it really use a sliding window for counting your incidents? How big is the window? Or is it from race 1 to now, aka all of them?

A sliding window aka for example most recent 100 races makes sense to use instead of all races being counted for incidents.