Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VR and mirrors
Thank you Antoine.
Thanks everyone for your input. I am leaning more and more towards switching to VR. Hoping to be able to perceive the corner depth better resulting in better lines. At this point I inadvertently early-apex far too often. Also hoping to be able to judge my speed better. Finally, there are corners which I screw up terrible almost every time with a single monitor, they are so tight that I can't see the apex, or where I am in the corner really. Final chicane of Spa (also turn 1 to some extent), the corkscrew at Laguna Seca, etc.
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians
(07-21-2018, 06:37 PM)Pawel Kusmierek Wrote:  Simon, what do you mean by "safety rating", the incident average?

Also, can you please let me know how did VR help you in sim racing, if at all?

I mean incident average, yes.

And VR didn't make me any faster. I guess even slower. But that's hard to say as I don't have time to race often enough since I have my VR headset.

But I'm at least not that much slower and it's more fun, that's what really counts for me.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Hi guys,

Mirror mod is now available in AC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbCS91KTMJg&t=9s
I think it works in conjuntion with Content Manager, I haven't tried it yet.

I've improved my racecraft and laptimes going from triples to VR, though it took a few months getting in sync.
Overall awareness is something you can be good at and practice, and VR just clicked with me because I've driven real cars for 25 years. Rarely use my mirrors, never used Helicorsa, I trust my awareness and Crewchief Big Grin