Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incident system not working.
I just had a race with the Abarth on Modena fast, I was in the lead the entire race, but on the last lap the driver behind bumbed into my rear 3 times, and finally he just drove me of the track and won. Not very fair, BUT, in the results he got 0 incidents, and I, the one who actually got hit, got 4 incidents!!! How is this possible? He should have 4 incidents too! Or can you just drive into cars from behind in the Abarth-series, and the one in front has to take the penalty?

Arne
(07-16-2018, 09:46 AM)Arne Hansen Wrote:  I just had a race with the Abarth on Modena fast, I was in the lead the entire race, but on the last lap the driver behind bumbed into my rear 3 times, and finally he just drove me of the track and won. Not very fair, BUT, in the results he got 0 incidents, and I, the one who actually got hit, got 4 incidents!!! How is this possible? He should have 4 incidents too! Or can you just drive into cars from behind in the Abarth-series, and the one in front has to take the penalty?

You must report that incident, because that's not the average incident, it seems a guy who knows very well the system, and exploits it very well:
http://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34
That's the dirtiest driver for me, It happened to me once in project cars 2, a very clean racer, until he saw a big oportunity, and makes it totally on purpose ...

When you have a very small contact, it doesn't count as a incident, you know, you make a parallel, you grate a little the other car, but it's ok.
I guess it needs more balancing, since "small indicents" that don't count shouldn't be strong enougth to change your path

I guess your 4 incidents are against the wall after he drove you offtrcak.
1 big accident can be many incidents, they should look at that too ...
in an automated system, it's probably impossible to determine who is at fault but should count incidents to both drivers at all times if the contact is enough to register as "contact". if he spins you and you hit several off track objects, you would receive many more hits than the guy at fault.
(07-16-2018, 01:51 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  in an automated system, it's probably impossible to determine who is at fault but should count incidents to both drivers at all times if the contact is enough to register as "contact". if he spins you and you hit several off track objects, you would receive many more hits than the guy at fault.

Yeah my little grip with the system is it's not always registering, like you can get bumped from behind, get 1 incident and the guy ends up having none, i have seen it go either way. The little nudges don't always register, which could be good but then they shouldn't register for both, although sometimes even a little touch can have huge consequences.
Depends, I've had situations where I got 4 incidents where I registered only 1 if at all, all from drafting and staying close behind a faster car (multi car class), the problem was person in front lagged badly 250ms+ and as such the server might have registered a contact but on my end I had nothing and was simply drafting close. Sure I was scared the car in front will warp too much and shoot us apart, and it did move like crazy back and forth but what the heck can one do, you stay too far in safe distance and you have no draft, stay in draft and you risk phantom collisions.

The incidents can be well decided by a computer program but it needs to monitor speeds, lines, braking points and so on. It's doable but I've not seen it in any game yet well implemented nor as an app, most apps are kind of simple which can save server performance etc. but they do not perform well and have loop holes/exploits.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Very simple rule to have cleaner races.

If you're having issues with the system you have to make a report. Or even if the system is OK but you think the move was against clean racing rules and driver did not yield gained position then make a report too.