Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abarth series, brake bias
Well, I discovered today that brake bias suddenly has been changed to a fixed amount of 75. I realise that this is a fixed serie, but it was nice to at least have the brake bias to adjust.
My laptimes went up with 0.3 seconds. Not happy for this change….
(07-10-2018, 09:48 AM)Erik Hanoy Wrote:  Well, I discovered today that brake bias suddenly has been changed to a fixed amount of 75. I realise that this is a fixed serie, but it was nice to at least have the brake bias to adjust.
My laptimes went up with 0.3 seconds. Not happy for this change….

I think you've just highlighted the whole point of removing the ability to adjust the bias. A fixed setup is to help newer less knowlegable drivers to have a level playing field. If your knowledge gain's you 0.3 seconds a lap, thats now 0.3 seconds gained time for the newb's. 
that was an error, brake bias & power should be free to change
(07-10-2018, 02:10 PM)Yes, it is working again now. TanxErik simracingsystem Wrote:  that was an error, brake bias & power should be free to change
(07-11-2018, 12:55 PM)Tanguy Queguineur Wrote:  I'm curious now, what brake bias are you using?
Sorry, cant give away classified information ? It’s a jungle out there you know ?
But what is perfect for me, might not be good for you, it depends on the style of driving.
I trailbrake a lot with the Abarth, and then bias makes a big difference. 3/10 of a second slower, and I will miss the pole, and on Magione it is very difficult to overtake, at least in the front of the race.
The best thing to do is to try every setting from 75 to 68, and then use the one that makes you go fastest. 75 i default, and that might be the one for you, it depends on your driving style. The lower the bias, the more difficult the car is to handle while braking, but it can give an advantage.
Erik

(07-11-2018, 12:55 PM)Tanguy Queguineur Wrote:  I'm curious now, what brake bias are you using?
Sorry, cant give away classified information ? It’s a jungle out there you know ?
But what is perfect for me, might not be good for you, it depends on the style of driving.
I trailbrake a lot with the Abarth, and then bias makes a big difference. 3/10 of a second slower, and I will miss the pole, and on Magione it is very difficult to overtake, at least in the front of the race.
The best thing to do is to try every setting from 75 to 68, and then use the one that makes you go fastest. 75 i default, and that might be the one for you, it depends on your driving style. The lower the bias, the more difficult the car is to handle while braking, but it can give an advantage.
Erik
I tried going lower like I would when I race the FWD Kia in iRacing BSRTC.
However, this car has such a short wheelbase that it just snaps and I found that I lost a lot of consistency and momentum.

In the end I went for 76% bias and was still able to do a 1:21.914 with a little mistake in there.
(07-14-2018, 11:04 PM)Woh, 1.21.9 is really fast, I do laptimes around 1.22.3-4-5, and that usually fast enough to get pole,and to win the race. Very good Ross :-)ErikRoss Macfarlane Wrote:  I tried going lower like I would when I race the FWD Kia in iRacing BSRTC.
However, this car has such a short wheelbase that it just snaps and I found that I lost a lot of consistency and momentum.

In the end I went for 76% bias and was still able to do a 1:21.914 with a little mistake in there.
Agree with Ross. At Magione the rear tires get cold very quickly and then the car tends to oversteer into corners. Did a 21,6 with 78% brake bias. But this can be different on other tracks, I normally used stock 75% except at Magione.