Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current SEAT TCR series after car update
(06-30-2018, 11:52 AM)Michael Butler Wrote:  
(06-30-2018, 11:26 AM)Josh Martin Wrote:  It's a shame that rating isn't really reflective of talent, for anyone. Impressive none the less.

Well, that can't be true, otherwise all you aliens would NOT be in the 800-900 range, so it is somewhat reflective of what CAN be accomplished with dedication. You'll be there one day if Assetto Corsa Competizione doesn't steal your seat time...

(07-11-2018, 12:41 AM)Will Dawson Wrote:  Some say he once owned a virtual paint shop where he painted endless amounts of cars with dark magic while singing like a Tibetan monk... Others say that instead of a brain he has a quantum computer in his skull and that if he see's someone who needs answers the word "Google" lights up on his forehead... All we know is he's called Russell Sobie! Big Grin

Josh's comment is quality. Gets frustrated at stupid drivers, then admits to being one of said drivers Tongue

Difference being I don't take people out intentionally Smile
Josh's comment is quality. Gets frustrated at stupid drivers, then admits to being one of said drivers Tongue
[/quote]

[/quote]

going 2 wide thru Eau rouge isn't intentional?  Cool   twice contact confirmed but we can blame the other driver...when you figure out why 3 drivers I KNOW are fast but seem to be slow in this Seat TCR (fixed setup) let me know...it wasn't always like that in OPEN setup.
(07-11-2018, 01:50 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  Josh's comment is quality. Gets frustrated at stupid drivers, then admits to being one of said drivers Tongue

[/quote]

going 2 wide thru Eau rouge isn't intentional?  Cool   twice contact confirmed but we can blame the other driver...when you figure out why 3 drivers I KNOW are fast but seem to be slow in this Seat TCR (fixed setup) let me know...it wasn't always like that in OPEN setup.
[/quote]

I didn't understand any of that....
(07-11-2018, 03:02 PM)Josh Martin Wrote:  
(07-11-2018, 01:50 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  Josh's comment is quality. Gets frustrated at stupid drivers, then admits to being one of said drivers Tongue

[/quote]

[/quote]

Imagine going 2 wide twice and making contact each time with another driver w/ you being the aggressor each time.......(change subject)  when you figure out why 3 drivers I KNOW are fast but seem to be slow in this Seat TCR (fixed setup) let me know...it wasn't always like that in OPEN setup....this statement is also referring to you as one of those 3 drivers. that are usually fast but seemingly slower/mid pack in this Seat TCR. Alex is too and so am I...the fixed setup must not agree with us..
(07-11-2018, 11:28 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  
(07-11-2018, 03:02 PM)Josh Martin Wrote:  
(07-11-2018, 01:50 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  Josh's comment is quality. Gets frustrated at stupid drivers, then admits to being one of said drivers Tongue

[/quote]

Imagine going 2 wide twice and making contact each time with another driver w/ you being the aggressor each time.......(change subject)  when you figure out why 3 drivers I KNOW are fast but seem to be slow in this Seat TCR (fixed setup) let me know...it wasn't always like that in OPEN setup....this statement is also referring to you as one of those 3 drivers. that are usually fast but seemingly slower/mid pack in this Seat TCR. Alex is too and so am I...the fixed setup must not agree with us..
[/quote]

Ahh okay got you! Yeah it seems really weird to me thatpeople keep using fixed setups, it's hella boring
(07-10-2018, 09:24 PM)Ricardo Claro Wrote:  Josh, I just wasn't expecting that you'd coast past braking on a full throttle area.

If someone ahead of me brakes on full throttle area I think he has seen some danger I didn't ...

Slowdowns in games is a real aberration, they only add danger to the race, I hope ACC removes them and makes something different

(07-10-2018, 10:25 PM)Michael Martin Wrote:  SRS did a great job at informing people. They had a post in the news page at the top of the forum. What were you expecting a personalised email to tell you to update the car?

A great job would be a big advertisement beside the join button, if the car changes in the middle of the series.
AC penalties are nonsensical and unrealistic. The slowdowns for cutting are an abomination. It's probably better to disable them altogether and use a server app to issue penalties in a custom more controllable way with drive through, stop and go, etc. KMR also has similar features where you're allowed a certain amount of going off track even a little when AC's useless detection doesn't register it yet and you collect cut poins, do this too much and you get kicked I think but it could just give you a DT or SG instead.

The severity of penalty usually goes like this:

drive through
stop and go
stop and go with varying wait time
disqualification - black flag (aka drive to pits and stop, game over for you, disconnect)

It can be fixed but since there are no major leagues in AC due to lack of driver swapping that killed league racing for AC the apps and servers are not commonly setup to remove stock AC penalties and improve them with custom more realistic and safer ones.
(07-12-2018, 11:41 AM)Jaroslav Černý Wrote:  AC penalties are nonsensical and unrealistic. The slowdowns for cutting are an abomination. It's probably better to disable them altogether and use a server app to issue penalties in a custom more controllable way with drive through, stop and go, etc.

Totally agree !!!!! I they could do that via app, that would be totally awesome !!!!!

Slowdowns in general are bad (is there any real race that uses them?), but the ones from assetto are the worst I have seen in any videogame/simulator.
(07-12-2018, 11:46 AM)Jorge Cercadillo Wrote:  
(07-12-2018, 11:41 AM)Jaroslav Černý Wrote:  AC penalties are nonsensical and unrealistic. The slowdowns for cutting are an abomination. It's probably better to disable them altogether and use a server app to issue penalties in a custom more controllable way with drive through, stop and go, etc.

Totally agree !!!!! I they could do that via app, that would be totally awesome !!!!!

Slowdowns in general are bad (is there any real race that uses them?), but the ones from assetto are the worst I have seen in any videogame/simulator.

you can time the slowdowns accordingly with the next available section of track that lessens the severity of the penalty (5 secs. no throttle), you have till the start/finish line to serve the penalty and to try to serve it immediately is the stupid part.
Yep there are some tracks you can easily take 5s penalty without really losing time, or even 10s if the car has a long brake distance. Imola for example you just lift into Rivazza 1 and you can clear a penalty no problem. Lifting immediately after getting a penalty is never a good idea unless you just cut the last corner of the track lol.