Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPA racing
(07-10-2018, 02:42 PM)Jorge Cercadillo Wrote:  It's doable ? Yes

It's normal ? No
It's something really exceptional, and when it happens, it's commented on the news:
https://www.topgear.es/noticias/motorspo...spa-246558

yes and this guy is trying to tell drivers how "easy" it is and promoting the effort to try it......lol....duh!
But it IS easy... so long as you have been neck bearding racing sims for the last 2 decades and know that whoever is to your left or right has been doing the same, right? As in... not at all likely on the Internet.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
If you get a bad exit at Eau Rouge trailing behind a slow guy, you lose 4-5 positions on lap 1, the same case if you force it 2-car wide anyway.

I think the "supposed" kind of discussion is good for debating and learning race etiquette, which is not the most obvious thing in the world.

Thing is, you can`t expect people to always act the way you`d want them to.
i just discuzed the same, who with brain want overtake in to eau rouge but i had spiled 2 races by this move and only racing incident then and such a moves last time i wsaw many times on other circiuts , overtaking on tight places and this are makin top rated drivers too, is it problem to wait for straight or safer places? no but why not destroy races to others?
(07-09-2018, 11:13 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  Let's pretend I am ahead after turn 1 Lap 1(La Source)and 4th is right behind me, even if he gets a better exit after turn 1, I am still "completely" ahead  after more than halfway down the hill and never dreamed he would try to take the inside forcing a 2 car wide Eau Rouge (no man's land)...was the most ******  ** move of the entire race and wrecked the rest of the entire field .....WHYYYYY ????? Where do you have to go? if you're faster, learn patience now...The lesson here is......if the lead car is still ahead after more than halfway down the hill. please let him go and don't depend on him to give in because he "KNOWS" you're an idiot for trying to pass at that location.....I'm not giving in to an idiot. We will wreck and it will be your fault for trying to pass at the "most ridiculous" place on the entire track, I don't care how FAST you are.  Did I mention very first lap? .....
patience is the lesson here. good petend example.
(07-10-2018, 02:42 PM)Jorge Cercadillo Wrote:  It's doable ? Yes

It's normal ? No
It's something really exceptional, and when it happens, it's commented on the news:
https://www.topgear.es/noticias/motorspo...spa-246558

And they did not overtake anyway, they are already apart mid chicane on the 2nd turn. Porsche backed off, slowed down and still went out cutting track.

No one is saying it's easy or that it's not a lost time to do so. Of course it requires certain skill level to overtake there.
Just did the TCR race @ SPA......that car is capable of two wide thru Eau Rouge but the driver involved that I seen try it more than once did NOT get through without some contact because ,as we know, sometimes you're just along for the ride and hope you hold your line and don't force the other guy to bounce off the curb or get into the grass, and hope the other guy can hold his own......you would want to be on the left side entering the turn maybe and hope the guy doesn't slam into you..

(07-10-2018, 09:48 PM)Jaroslav Černý Wrote:  And they did not overtake anyway, they are already apart mid chicane on the 2nd turn. Porsche backed off, slowed down and still went out cutting track.

No one is saying it's easy or that it's not a lost time to do so. Of course it requires certain skill level to overtake there.

flat out gambling.....let's play the odds. You want to gain 1 position and risk losing at least 5 or 6 on a 50/50 shot....that's not good odds.
(07-10-2018, 10:06 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  Just did the TCR race @ SPA......that car is capable of two wide thru Eau Rouge but the driver involved that I seen try it more than once did NOT get through without some contact because ,as we know, sometimes you're just along for the ride and hope you hold your line and don't force the other guy to bounce off the curb or get into the grass, and hope the other guy can hold his own......you would want to be on the left side entering the turn maybe and hope the guy doesn't slam into you..

The car is capable, yes, but drivers… Angel
Side-by-side action through Eau Rouge in AC typically leads to one or both drivers being forced to eat a cut penalty through Raidillon. Better in this game to concede the position and take the fight to Bruxelles.
⌈ zerøbandwidth autosports ⌋
https://twitch.tv/zer0bandwidth
https://youtube.com/c/zerobandwidth
I feel that most drivers on SRS are fair and skilled, if you qual among the top 4-5 cars. If you do get hit, and find your self far back in the field, well, then you have to be very careful. I usually just wait for them to do a mistake, and I dont have to wait for long. As for Spa, unskilled driver have a tendency to try to win the race in T1, Au Rougue or the breaking zone before the bus stop. I think the key is to know who you are racing against, if its Butler (or Nagy, Leif, Vins, Martin, Quelhas, Kovalevsky and so on) I  know that he wont try anything stupid. If there is a driver I dont know, I’ll be more passive. Today at Spa, DTM, I did qual in second place. 
Got a name I didnt knoe on 4th, right behind me. He bumped into me 6 times during lap 1, I finally got far enough ahead, but then on the last lap, he smashed me in the bus stop, and then hit me again after the race. It gave me 13 inc. Tried to send him a message, but he had blocked his message box (I wonder why....)
So you never know who you might run into, but in general I find most racers to be dair and skilled, at least among those in front. But because of T1, Au Rogue and the bus stop, Spa is a track where unskilled driver can cause a lot of damage. I also guess that there is a lot of youngsters driving right now, its summer, and they have a lit of spare time. They dont care about respect and racing, they just want to overtake with any means necessary. I dont report anyone anymore, I drive in VR, so the name is not visible in the video.
So what to do? Well, this is just for fun, the maniacs leace the system pretty fast anyway, they dont last long.
(07-12-2018, 08:47 PM)Erik Hanoy Wrote:  I feel that most drivers on SRS are fair and skilled, if you qual among the top 4-5 cars. If you do get hit, and find your self far back in the field, well, then you have to be very careful. I usually just wait for them to do a mistake, and I dont have to wait for long. As for Spa, unskilled driver have a tendency to try to win the race in T1, Au Rougue or the breaking zone before the bus stop. I think the key is to know who you are racing against, if its Butler (or Nagy, Leif, Vins, Martin, Quelhas, Kovalevsky and so on) I  know that he wont try anything stupid. If there is a driver I dont know, I’ll be more passive. Today at Spa, DTM, I did qual in second place. 
Got a name I didnt knoe on 4th, right behind me. He bumped into me 6 times during lap 1, I finally got far enough ahead, but then on the last lap, he smashed me in the bus stop, and then hit me again after the race. It gave me 13 inc. Tried to send him a message, but he had blocked his message box (I wonder why....)
So you never know who you might run into, but in general I find most racers to be dair and skilled, at least among those in front. But because of T1, Au Rogue and the bus stop, Spa is a track where unskilled driver can cause a lot of damage. I also guess that there is a lot of youngsters driving right now, its summer, and they have a lit of spare time. They dont care about respect and racing, they just want to overtake with any means necessary. I dont report anyone anymore, I drive in VR, so the name is not visible in the video.
So what to do? Well, this is just for fun, the maniacs leace the system pretty fast anyway, they dont last long.

Well put scenario........ Apparently, 4th place thinks they can WIN on the first lap and forgets about the QUAL times and don't want to lose the leaders behind a slower driver on lap 1, sometimes they don't realize Lap 1 is a slower lap to build up heat in the tires and brakes. I admit, some guys are harder to pass and some tracks are harder to pass on, but you should realize SPA is not one of those tracks.