Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invalid Profile Selected
error trying to join. says run client software. launched client software verified GSC is green. tried again. same error. clicked the checkbox next to GSC and clicked add. Reselected exe file for GSC. still not working.

Firefox
Windows 7 pro

Not sure if the error is from sim racing system. does GSC need to be open before clicking join?

3 minutes is not alot of time to troubleshoot. I suggest opening the join window to more around 10 minutes.

-edit- just prior to clicking join I had quickly tested GSC with formula vee on cordura track so i know the sim end was working
the sim must be closed when you want to join a session. The next version of the client will detect if the game is runing and shuts it down.

do you use an Antivirus? which one?

(02-13-2016, 01:03 AM)Glenn bonnet Wrote:  error trying to join. says run client software. launched client software verified GSC is green. tried again. same error. clicked the checkbox next to GSC and clicked add. Reselected exe file for GSC. still not working.

Firefox
Windows 7 pro

Not sure if the error is from sim racing system. does GSC need to be open before clicking join?

3 minutes is not alot of time to troubleshoot. I suggest opening the join window to more around 10 minutes.

-edit- just prior to clicking join I had quickly tested GSC with formula vee on cordura track so i know the sim end was working
(02-13-2016, 01:26 AM)Henrique Alves Wrote:  the sim must be closed when you want to join a session. The next version of the client will detect if the game is runing and shuts it down.

do you use an Antivirus? which one?

(02-13-2016, 01:03 AM)Glenn bonnet Wrote:  error trying to join. says run client software. launched client software verified GSC is green. tried again. same error. clicked the checkbox next to GSC and clicked add. Reselected exe file for GSC. still not working.

Firefox
Windows 7 pro

the sim was closed. I tested it previously then exited

no antivirus.

Firefox asked to associate link with simraceingsystem which i allowed.
Lets check everything:

When you manually execute the client you can add and remove the sims. You have done this and afterwards it is marked green. This means that your profile is matching your username.

Just to be shure, check your UserData folder and verify that there is a folder named Glenn bonnet, case sensitive.
Inside this folder check if there is a Glenn bonnet.PLR again case sensitive.

If everything is ok until here, something is blocking the client on your PC i've seen this on a friends PC that had Antivirus software installed.
You said you dont have antivirus installed (sometimes disabling the AV for a small period doesnt work). firewall? antispyware? Windows firewall and defender don't seem to interfere.

Firefox is good, i use it, but there are some plugins that prevent SRS from running like ABE from Noscript. Do you have these kind of plugins installed?
MS Edge is not compatible but IE is, can you try with IE?
could you please update my profile name from Glenn bonnet to Glenn Bonnet or glenn bonnet

i think this will solve it. i know i could create the new profile but it would be easier to get it into the database in an easy to remember manner.

my GSC profile is currently Glenn Bonnet. the srs client shows green so somewhere the client is not comparing case sensitive profile names since the sims are green.

to avoid future issues id suggest removing the case in the comparison. Do we really want a Glenn bonnet, glenn Bonnet in the system?

thanks for the help and hard work. i know it will b great
(02-13-2016, 01:16 PM)Glenn bonnet Wrote:  could you please update my profile name from Glenn bonnet to Glenn Bonnet or glenn bonnet

i think this will solve it. i know i could create the new profile but it would be easier to get it into the database in an easy to remember manner.

Easy fix. Done

(02-13-2016, 01:16 PM)Glenn bonnet Wrote:  my GSC profile is currently Glenn Bonnet. the srs client shows green so somewhere the client is not comparing case sensitive profile names since the sims are green.

to avoid future issues id suggest removing the case in the comparison. Do we really want a Glenn bonnet, glenn Bonnet in the system?

Not possible to register as Glenn bonnet or glenn bonnet.
The comparison problem is in the client software.
(02-13-2016, 02:51 PM)Henrique Alves Wrote:  
(02-13-2016, 01:16 PM)Glenn bonnet Wrote:  could you please update my profile name from Glenn bonnet to Glenn Bonnet or glenn bonnet

Easy fix. Done

(02-13-2016, 01:16 PM)Glenn bonnet Wrote:  my GSC profile is currently Glenn Bonnet. the srs client shows green so somewhere the client is not comparing case sensitive profile names since the sims are green.

Not possible to register as Glenn bonnet or glenn bonnet.
The comparison problem is in the client software.

thanks :Smile'll try as soon as i get a chance and verify it all works.