Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
László Nagy hits a 900 rating..4th in the world
I just wanted to bring attention to a superb achievement by Mr. Laszlo Nagy....900 rating is absolutely one of the best and 4th in the world @ SRS and he did it while racing with me side by side (what an honor!) He beat me on the last str8 by 2/1000ths of a second in the Caterham Academy. I'll only dream of being a 900, 800's are a standout, 900's are the stuff dreams are made of...Well done Laszlo Nagy !!! http://www.simracingsystem.com/raceresul...2FvA%3D%3D EDIT : Only 34 drivers in the history of SRS have made it to 800, only 4 have made it to 900. The number 3 guy is one of my teammates @ TPC SimRacing (Marek Vons 907) Look out Marek ! Laszlo Nagy is right behind you in the slipstream!.....
Yep very good indeed, congrats, always have trouble keeping up witb Laszlo lol! Still can't get over how epic that race was last night Smile

I think to get a really high score you have to be winning regularly early on in the SRS career, I myself was not doing very well for the first 200 or so races (no combos suited me until recent seasons) so now I am stuck in the 770s and only get about 0.4 for a 1st place now; think I would need about 300 wins in a row to get into the 900s Big Grin
Congrats to him, really impressive. 

Also true i guess it's important for rating to be careful with incidents and bad races at the beginning, because then you just work out to negate them. I thought 0.8 for a win was already depressing, thanks for cheering me up with that 0.4 Alex  Big Grin
(06-29-2018, 07:07 PM)James Blint Wrote:  Congrats to him, really impressive. 

Also true i guess it's important for rating to be careful with incidents and bad races at the beginning, because then you just work out to negate them. I thought 0.8 for a win was already depressing, thanks for cheering me up with that 0.4 Alex  Big Grin

I get the dreaded .4 after a win after almost 750 starts, I drove everything with wheels in the beginning and didn't know how to avoid the incidents quite as well as i do now, but it was too little too late for my inc. rating to go back down...seen a pretty fast driver that manages to finish decent in what I've seen so far with a inc. avg. of  seven (7) after almost 80 starts....makes me look good with a (3)...had 17 hits (most ever) one race from multiple contacts like a pinball.
(06-29-2018, 10:22 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  

I get the dreaded .4 after a win after almost 750 starts, I drove everything with wheels in the beginning and didn't know how to avoid the incidents quite as well as i do now, but it was too little too late for my inc. rating to go back down...seen a pretty fast driver that manages to finish decent in what I've seen so far with a inc. avg. of  seven (7) after almost 80 starts....makes me look good with a (3)...had 17 hits (most ever) one race from multiple contacts like a pinball.

In my brief experience with the Caterham Academy series, I've had pretty bad luck with T1 unfortunately. I always see you in podium Michael, any tips for surviving T1 on the inside without getting spun from behind?  Confused
(06-30-2018, 12:19 AM)Brandon Stambook Wrote:  
(06-29-2018, 10:22 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  

In my brief experience with the Caterham Academy series, I've had pretty bad luck with T1 unfortunately. I always see you in podium Michael, any tips for surviving T1 on the inside without getting spun from behind?  Confused
@ RBR T1 , Give room, outside to outside, inside to inside...inside may go out so you have to know what to expect...brake in the str8 and be on the gas ready to accelerate as soon as possible thru the turn..you're talking to a 3 inc. average here so i'm not really an expert on that particular subject....have no idea why i'm seemingly faster in this car, it's like some cars gel and some don't. Some tracks gel, some don't.
Nice achievement, congratulations Smile
Thanks for the kind words !
I think lowering the incident ratio is the key...In the begining you can make mistakes, but after 750 points  you have to keep winning (or podiums) without incidents...I think my incident ratio is  < 0,3 in my last 75 races so my rating has rised quite fast after 800...I still got 0,5  points for a clean win yesterday.

Hehe no problem James!

Just finished a race in 3rd with 0 contacts and got 0.274 points increase, incident average changed from 2.469 to 2.465 (I was over 3.0 a while back but gradually been grinding it down).

Slowly trying to creep towards 780 points to try get another place in the UK ranking Big Grin
It's a shame that rating isn't really reflective of talent, for anyone. Impressive none the less.