Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toyota AE86 Tuned series
Hmm Jaroslav must work for a news outlet with the way he cut my sentence in half and took it out of context. I have nothing against 20min races or 1 hour races... I was just pointing out a few flaws with both from my own observations, of course there is no perfect solution, at least not one that will satisfy everybody, that's why having the choice of 20mins or 1hr is a good thing.
i really hope i will be put into the top split today.

got disconnected during the first race and won the 2nd one. all in split 2.
With: Global Rating Position 2546, it might not. Depends how many people connect, since it's a short race from now I expect there might be a lot of people again. Time wise server 2 for 2nd race was not a bad fit for your pace, you can check the results for all races. Server 1 was 33 laps with +32s race time compared to server 2 32 laps.

SRS really likes it's rating too much unfortunately, race 1 fast people were split among 3 servers.
Expected a little touch it was a clean race for me in split 1.

Only 33 people showed up..
OK so the weather and time is as follows for the AE86 Tuned series: 18:00 light clouds, not 13:00 as SRS advertises.
It's always dark with a low sun, almost no shadows, my guess is someone is running VR and doesn't have a post processing preset to be able to play well at 13:00? I think there used to be such issue when VR was added to AC at first.

If at least SRS would say 18:00 and not 13:00 now 3 times in a row. The system is bugged.

Can't say much about the Vallelunga race, I think Nurburgring was most competitive but people were split among 3 servers, Okayama 1h race many people didn't participate or quit mid race, Vallelunga attendance OK but not much competition same as Okayama top3-5 but fairly spaced, not all fast joined anymore.
From seeing the results it looks like what I saw in Qualification where most were drifting, spinning and crashing has been repeated in race. So many contacts recorded in race, all but 4 people were in some contact.
Drive safe and clean, you will not go fast by diving, spinning or drifting.

Same set as Okayama, made 1 change to dampers, adjusted tyre pressures and gears. Done.
I have a question to all you guys about your game settings.

This is how I play:
G27
H shifter
Clutch
Cockpit view

Do some of you use paddles, autoclutch or bumper/roof views? Does the SRS races allow that?
I would say there is nothing that SRS disallows since the rules as presented are so simplistic not even the basic CRC rules are mentioned in regulations.
https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Rules_of_Clean_Racing

I have everything setup in AC on axis that can be including handbrake. Using driver view but dash view is pretty fine too you can't see side mirror though and the view is more forward than where you normally sit.
Autoclutch is forced on anyone that does not define h-shifter in AC as far as I know and the only possible way would be to have a discriminating server app if such settings can be detected by server apps, not everyone has an h-shifter and there is no gain really from using up/down shifting in AC instead.

Get used to what you prefer and keep using it, consistency is key.
I watched some of the broadcast earlier, enjoyed watching Eero have a battle with someone (Can't remember their name). I'm gonna tune in and watch next weeks race in full Smile
Here we go, another schedule deviation, according to SRS for next race:

01:59 CEST
2018-07-10 Magione

Or is it a bug, I'm starting to find some other oddities around on SRS right now:
Quote:2018-07-04 01:59 1 Vallelunga Classic Click Here
Suddenly it's not a 1 race a week either? And so the results are borked too BTW.

Seems fixed now and it's back to 21:00 CEST.

---

@Glen Grant: I think last night the server was set with autoclutch allowed.
Well today's weather and time was 13:00 clear.
What a pace, what a race.