Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toyota AE86 Tuned series
A low aero RWD series with a fun car, seems to be only 1 race a week, every Tuesday 21:00 CEST so don't forget to join or you will miss out.
Too bad SRS still doesn't know where to put new racers. Had to slow down for 10 sec then overtake a car that overtook me and still faster in total time than top position on server 1...
SRS gotta learn to not put fast but new players on low tier servers. It was a fight between me and Patrick Brown who was very closely following me, the rest of field I never even saw beside AC rendering them behind a wall and nearly crashing all FPS performance because of it.

Hard to compete in a series for points when SRS chooses servers by itself and ignores driver performance for first race. There should be a warm up practice or practice race so SRS can learn how to split people onto servers.

Well seems server 3 had it even worse than server 2 as in it was faster than both 2nd and 1st server. Such a shame it chooses to split fast people among 3 different servers...

Patrick Brown: good race, was fun Smile You teleport/warp around a bit.
SRS puts new racers in the right place imo.
You have to work your way up to top tier like everybody else. Doesn't take that long.

My spot will be available next time. Can't gel with this car.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
Apparently not when there are plenty slower people on server 1 meanwhile quite a few fast people are put on server 2 and even 3. It really should have a sorting practice race that doesn't count points so that it can learn where people will fall more accurately prior to first counted race. This goes for any series. It doesn't matter if someone has 2000 magic points from their F1 driving when then in a slow slidey car they might be more suited for server 3 or 4 with their speed, and vice versa, the points should not be as relevant as they are now and performance should be the deciding factor to sort out server assignment for first counted race.
Well my spot will also be available next week as after 3 laps I decided I would prefer to ride a unicycle with a flat tire Smile
I think that people are placed on the appropriate server according to their srs ranking for the first race of the year. So if you were 700 and up, you probably were on server 1, and if you were ranked lower than 100 chances are you were probably placed in server 4. I'm not sure, but I think the system will recognize your speed, and also take your overall ranking in the series into account when placing you into server 1, or 2, etc, for the next race.

Also comparing overall race time between heats is kinda pointless, time spent actually racing side by side and battling is much slower than hotlapping by yourself, what about t1 pileups, or crazy backmarkers, or track grip levels, how can you compare that between all the heats?

I'm sure that you'll get to server 1 pretty quickly if you are fast and clean. But even on server 1 it seems that its usually only the top 10 that are kinda competitive and the bottom 10 seem to struggle to lap consistently for the whole race.
For next race yes but for first races it's broken at the moment.

Here is how leagues used to do it: Monday-Friday open practice 24/7 lap times are recorded and this sorts people out based on performance plus everyone is required to make at least 1-10 valid laps or so. Saturday qualification of people/teams that made the cut to participate in race. Sunday the race.

Quote:I'm sure that you'll get to server 1 pretty quickly if you are fast and clean. But even on server 1 it seems that its usually only the top 10 that are kinda competitive and the bottom 10 seem to struggle to lap consistently for the whole race.

Put together from all servers there seemed to be a decent amount of fast people so we could have had a very interesting and close race. But for first race it split us onto 3 servers at the least Sad
The SRS ranking unfortunately does not really represent performance well as it's not even based on it but only from what I've seen on finishing races and even the slow people can finish first in races when they drive at times when there is no competition on the server. I don't think SRS counts total race times and best lap times to the score but of course I'm not SRS ranking expert so educate me if you know how it makes up the scores precisely.

The ranking overall could be made competitive unlike it's current anticompetitive state along with counting actual performance instead of final race positions "only".

I'm sure for next race it will put all the fast people onto server 1, it doesn't seem to have a problem with that to "ignore" rankings after first race. That's why I suggested there to be a practice race or other session that doesn't count points into the championship so that SRS can learn how to split people correctly before first counted race.
Sorry for changing the subject, but I had an other anoying thing. I love it that there a races longer than only 20 minutes. But with the one hour race of the Toyota series I missed the registration for the TCR race by only a few minutes. So in the future I have to decide which endurance race I want to participate in although I deeply want to drive both races. Maybe you could think about the qualifying and race lenght a bit.
Too bad so many people retired, 9 in total, one could have gotten me for sure as I made a mistake in pits and had to reverse a couple meters to my spot, not used to having pits so early.
Jones had me a little worried since it made no sense to drive on the tyres even as long as I did but I didn't know how much I lost in the pits mess up, kept chasing, easier that way anyway Smile

The points system certainly needs an overhaul, people are getting many many points when they did not finish the race not even a major part of it. I don't remember the percentages usually required in leagues precisely but it used to be something around 75-90% of laps had to be completed to get any points at all. SRS right now gives points to people who do less than 55% of laps of a race with no deductions for their DNF and results don't even show them as DNF. Only people that refused to start it seems got DNF? 3 people did a Q or not? And then in final summary have 0 laps, why join if you don't want to race, those did get 0 points. Funny YouTube replay actually correctly shows DNF for cars that Did Not Finish and retired mid race, but SRS web results ignore these DNF.

As far as this car not being suitable for 1h races... I disagree although it would be interesting if the races were shorter with no pits stop as one would have to grind the tyres a lot, but pitstop is fine by me just gotta remember that the pits are often so damn slippery with no stopping power, no ground markers and no people waving.

Car is not too twitchy or slidey, the setup is open, you can set it to what ever you like for your driving style. Yes Okayama is quite a slower track and AE86 Tuned does like to go sideways on it but that does not mean you have to have it setup that way, I literally ran Akina setup on Nurburg as I didn't practice much only tested what I had and seemed to fit, still I did notice I'm losing with my setup there compared to others. For this upcoming 1h race yes I did practice about 2h split into 2 days for 1h each, trying setups and changes so that it drives the way I want it, it was definitely quite manageable be it with full tank, empty tank, new tyres, worn out tyres, one setup for everything as I often do no magic setup for qualification or anything just less fuel. Made my PB in the Q and there is still space to improve to get under 1:50.

It's a fun, slower, not too grippy drivers car. It sure it something else than some may be used to from FWDs on slicks and such.

Pitstop seems to have no protection against speeding and as such people enter at top speeds, which is pretty damn odd. On public KMR servers this gets you penalties, in LFS definitely a built in automatic penalty as far as I remember and there was no auotmatic pit limiter on most cars either. AC is much easier in this regard, all cars forced pit limiter, no collisions in pits (thank "god" for that), automatic braking in pits to match speed, but the pitstop marking areas are often quite poor and weird with that floating red box. Camera switching while tyres are changed is a pain too, I want to sit in my car not fly as a bird... gotta find if this crap can be disabled. Overall the AC pitstops are rather arcadey and still not driver swapping as far as I'm aware and one of the main reasons there are so few leagues if any in AC and no endurance racing.

---

Also can the full schedule be published? So we are not "surprised" with 1h races and weird weather?
There should be an official list of all times, locations, qualification length usually on SRS is 10min but again surprise after connecting it was 20min with some weird cloudy weather. Weather could be published say 1h before session start along with other race parameters such as temperatures. But the race lengths, quali lengths should be all listed since start of the series. Where do we find that? I could not see it anywhere, nor was there a series thread with this info in OP so I made this thread to have at least some place for this series.
Jaroslav,

I agree with you on the championship points, there are times when I've had to quit out of a race after a few laps only to find that I've earned plenty of points and it always feels kinda cheap.

The camera switching when pitting can be disabled either through an INI file (can't remember which one) or via the options menu in Content Manager.

You can see the qualy and race length in the box where the 'register' button is, just press the little switch at the top right of each race box to see more info. Weather is set to random as far as I'm aware. Air temp is 22c and track temp is 27c-28c.