Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MK-MotorsportDTM90
What's up with all the 11 laps races so far on Zandvoort in 20min? I've done 1 race after some time on this crazy combo and 12 laps, barely but surely. That's with an E30 not the overpowered Alfa that should dominate this track.
For 11 laps the time was 19:58.971, just a little over a second to get to 12th lap.

Tyres are pretty much gone after 8 laps. And the fuel app is lying, ran out of fuel few meters before finish line. It sure is not 2.49 litres per lap, more like 2.499 + burnt fuel on start.

---

Strange, 2nd race I ran out of fuel a little later so I didn't need the extra I added yet my total and best times were faster, I guess as always practice consistency and clean line helps more than one would often think even when it comes to fuel consumption.

Please watch your rear view mirror and map when joining qualification there is plenty of space for everyone since the servers are limited to 17 slots only, if you're being caught up and overtaken especially after you make a mistake don't try to fight and block. There is often only 1-2 laps to do a qualification time and even with medium tyres often only 1 best conditions lap.

No I don't use soft tyres for qualifications if anyone is wondering, same setup and tyres as race only less fuel.
LOL these lags on SRS... it's getting out of control:

https://youtu.be/KY9gQq1q7YU?t=16m41s

Yellow Alfa completely rogue. 16:42 should have hit a wall, 16:44 flies around out of track on top of screen.
There really should be a high latency auto kick so that people learn to connect to a server suitable for their location not half across the globe. Or get better connection that is suitable for gaming if they are near the server otherwise, or just stop downloading what ever they are downloading in background.
Great race Matias Vitikainen, nice to race with someone who can also do 12 laps in 20 min Smile Tough pace.
(07-01-2018, 08:50 AM)Jaroslav Černý Wrote:  Great race Matias Vitikainen, nice to race with someone who can also do 12 laps in 20 min Smile Tough pace.

Thanks, your pace was very fast and consistent. Obviously faster than me.

But have to say that I´m done now with SRS because of too many racers who don´t respect other drivers. Last Abarth race was just pure ramming. First there were too many drivers who don´t respect blue flags at all. And also drivers who don´t know how to race side by side. I got 9 collisions and I drove maybe 15 races with 0 ciollisions in a row before this.

So I´m going to look other direction now. Maybe it is time to look what iRacing can offer. Thanks for racing all clean drivers, bye.
I don't know if iRacing is worth it, not to me I do not play any subscription games. SRS can be a mess at times indeed with a time consuming reporting process, yes time consuming and complicated way more than amateur and pro leagues incident reporting.

Try looking at WEC rF2, that's where the fast people I know used to be last time. But it's a multiclass GT3+hybrids and there are collisions too, that multiclass is mad, and you would most likely need to join some team if you don't have one or don't have enough people to join with you from your team.
I sold my Iracing account because of SRs... Smile Here are much more intresting cars /series... And I think in Iracing there are much more aggressive racers and I had more hits from the back... Obviously shit happens sometimes but in srs you can find a lot of good and clean racer... If you had 15 clean race and one really bad one I think SRs is quite good place Smile
[Image: yOBQnUlh.png]
That's my Alfa behind ))) Hate it... Big Grin
E30 seems to be very fast at Imola
One bad move and mayhem ensues.

(06-21-2018, 03:16 PM)If you want stable braking, make sure the car is balanced before you start to brake. I usually just do a tiny tap at the pedal to balance the weight, then I brake for real. It might also help to have more front brake ratio, the car gets more stable during breaking, but it will wear out the front tyres faster. The key with the Alfa, I think, is to do a slow entry. « Slow in, fast out «.I usually end up in the top 3, so it works for me.ErikOleksandr Borodai Wrote:  Alfa drivers, can you please share some proper brake setup... To maintain stable braking during the race. Because I just can't find some good settings (((

(07-01-2018, 03:36 PM)Well, it depends very much on where you are on the grid at start. If you start in front, it usually is not a problem, but with P6 or lower, you will very often see drivers that are making risky moves.A good qual is the key to avoid incidents, I think. If I am hit at T1, and suddenly find myself in 15th place, its quite hard to survive. Sure, I am faster then the cars in front of me, but when you overtake them, its very often followed by a hit from behind in the next braking zone. The best drivers usualy are in the front of the race, I trust good drivers when they are behind me. I think to many drivers dont practice enough before a race, and some racers actually care if they ruin the race for someone else. If I hit someone, I always send a sorry-mail after the race.Erik László Nagy Wrote:  I sold my Iracing account because of SRs... Smile Here are much more intresting cars /series... And I think in Iracing there are much more aggressive racers and I had more hits from the back... Obviously shit happens sometimes but in srs you can find a lot of good and clean racer... If you had 15 clean race and one really bad one I think SRs is quite good place Smile