Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatic throttle blip
Without the auto clutch I'd be screwed as I don't have a clutch pedal. I'm getting tired of people saying that SRS should restrict various things (camera views, driver aids, etc.) because they don't conform with their elitist opinions. One of the strengths of SRS is that it's accessible to people with a wide variety of skill, free time and equipment.

Edit: Added 'time' to that list, thanks Russell Smile
And free time. Don't forget "a wide variety of free time."
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(06-10-2018, 02:06 PM)Jaroslav Černý Wrote:  This is a joke right? SRS allows these stupid helpers in AC?

These helpers give no penalty in AC they work the same or very similar way as auto cut, blip defined in some car's physics files such as GT3s, there are these adjustable helpers in AC that you can turn on off and should be banned from being enabled on any decent racing server. Then there are also hidden helpers in AC that Kunos absolutely does not like to talk about, they are not adjustable to be turned on/off and are automatically enforced by AC when you do not use h-shifter, clutch pedal, etc.

While I can certainly understand not everyone has an h-shifter and clutch pedal so these stupid hidden helpers are a necessary evil forced by Kunos and not controllable in AC. The controllable auto cut, blip, shift, etc. nonsense helpers should be forced disabled no questions asked.

Penalty: pit DT/SG (not the idiotic stop/slowdown on track), TC: factory, ABS: factory, SC: disabled, all other crap: disabled is how it should be on racing servers.

Auto shifter is slow on some cars but not all, it all depends on what is in car's physics file.

The DTMs are broken anyway when it comes to shifting as you cannot upshift with no clutch as in real DTM. Not without loosing crap ton of time as the shift rpm window in physics file is tiny. On a real DTM you reduce throttle to lower the torque on transmission and shift, very fast. In AC you gotta clutch for upshift otherwise it won't shift this fast.

Does it help to use these automatic cut, blip crap helpers? Not really. If you can drive you will disable them and do it yourself.
I get your point. But, some do not own clutch pedals ...
Like many other SRS users, i don't own a clutch pedal in my setup, please dont make the game unplayable for us Smile