Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatic throttle blip
Guys,

short Question, is Auto throttle blip allowed (possible to run) on SRS

Ciao
Peter
Yes but won't change anything on the GT3's. On a BMW M3 for example, it will simulate some basic heel&toe
To clarify what James said, yes auto blip is allowed on SRS but it won't work on cars that have an electronic kicker built in, which makes sense.
Does auto-blipping imply noticable time penalty compared to manual blipping?
I know in e.g. iR it does, not sure how it's implemented in AC.
(06-09-2018, 08:46 PM)Gergely Mazak Wrote:  Does auto-blipping imply noticable time penalty compared to manual blipping?

Auto clutch is a tiny bit slower than manual though thankfully not enough to make much of a difference.
Auto blipping doesn't seem to be any slower, if it is then it's barely noticeable.
(06-09-2018, 09:00 PM)Will Dawson Wrote:  
(06-09-2018, 08:46 PM)Gergely Mazak Wrote:  Does auto-blipping imply noticable time penalty compared to manual blipping?

Auto clutch is a tiny bit slower than manual though thankfully not enough to make much of a difference.
Auto blipping doesn't seem to be any slower, if it is then it's barely noticeable.

if it keeps you from turning the car around because you didn't judge the "gearing down" correctly, then by all means, feel free to turn it on and it will help smooth out that entry into the turn while maintaining rpm's, you'll know which cars are affected and which ones aren't, but usually the electronic kicker is the difference, but also, look for "auto engine shutoff"( different than auto blip i think)..... in car description, some do, some don't... i use to inconveniently have adjust it quite often, but now, i don't fk with it anymore...all off . it is what it is. edit..by the way, the shifter is what started me winning so don't say the manual shifter is not faster than auto...it is and kunos will say it is..... I wish all cars had manual, so freaking fun!
Calm down Michael, nobody said manual clutch/shifter wasn't faster than auto clutch/sequential.
This is a joke right? SRS allows these stupid helpers in AC?

These helpers give no penalty in AC they work the same or very similar way as auto cut, blip defined in some car's physics files such as GT3s, there are these adjustable helpers in AC that you can turn on off and should be banned from being enabled on any decent racing server. Then there are also hidden helpers in AC that Kunos absolutely does not like to talk about, they are not adjustable to be turned on/off and are automatically enforced by AC when you do not use h-shifter, clutch pedal, etc.

While I can certainly understand not everyone has an h-shifter and clutch pedal so these stupid hidden helpers are a necessary evil forced by Kunos and not controllable in AC. The controllable auto cut, blip, shift, etc. nonsense helpers should be forced disabled no questions asked.

Penalty: pit DT/SG (not the idiotic stop/slowdown on track), TC: factory, ABS: factory, SC: disabled, all other crap: disabled is how it should be on racing servers.

Auto shifter is slow on some cars but not all, it all depends on what is in car's physics file.

The DTMs are broken anyway when it comes to shifting as you cannot upshift with no clutch as in real DTM. Not without loosing crap ton of time as the shift rpm window in physics file is tiny. On a real DTM you reduce throttle to lower the torque on transmission and shift, very fast. In AC you gotta clutch for upshift otherwise it won't shift this fast.

Does it help to use these automatic cut, blip crap helpers? Not really. If you can drive you will disable them and do it yourself.
(06-10-2018, 02:07 AM)Will Dawson Wrote:  Calm down Michael, nobody said manual clutch/shifter wasn't faster than auto clutch/sequential.

I did get confused there sorry, which is why i don't mess with auto anything if i can help it.
(06-10-2018, 02:06 PM)Jaroslav Černý Wrote:  This is a joke right? SRS allows these stupid helpers in AC?

These helpers give no penalty in AC they work the same or very similar way as auto cut, blip defined in some car's physics files such as GT3s, there are these adjustable helpers in AC that you can turn on off and should be banned from being enabled on any decent racing server. Then there are also hidden helpers in AC that Kunos absolutely does not like to talk about, they are not adjustable to be turned on/off and are automatically enforced by AC when you do not use h-shifter, clutch pedal, etc.

While I can certainly understand not everyone has an h-shifter and clutch pedal so these stupid hidden helpers are a necessary evil forced by Kunos and not controllable in AC. The controllable auto cut, blip, shift, etc. nonsense helpers should be forced disabled no questions asked.

Penalty: pit DT/SG (not the idiotic stop/slowdown on track), TC: factory, ABS: factory, SC: disabled, all other crap: disabled is how it should be on racing servers.

Auto shifter is slow on some cars but not all, it all depends on what is in car's physics file.

The DTMs are broken anyway when it comes to shifting as you cannot upshift with no clutch as in real DTM. Not without loosing crap ton of time as the shift rpm window in physics file is tiny. On a real DTM you reduce throttle to lower the torque on transmission and shift, very fast. In AC you gotta clutch for upshift otherwise it won't shift this fast.

Does it help to use these automatic cut, blip crap helpers? Not really. If you can drive you will disable them and do it yourself.

You can not force Auto throttle blip Off from serverside... Other settings are 'factory' in SRS
Anyway I think it doesn't matter... Our heel is more precise than this 'help'  Smile