Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AC Ultimate Edition Questions
I already own AC, but no DLC content.  I see that "Ultimate Edition" is currently offered on Steam for 52% off, making this cheaper than buying DLC content individually,
If I buy/install Ultimate Edition, will it simply overwrite my current AC install?  Or will I have to uninstall then re-install? If re-installing, does that mean that I would have re-install any free mods and/or apps too?  Will my wheel's settings, driver name, graphics settings etc have to all be set up again?
Have I forgotten anything else to consider?
Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Bert
Hi,
I'm not sure, but I think that if you already own one or more items from a steam pack you pay only for the content you don't have.
If in doubt, flat out - Colin McRae
I owned base AC, and no DLC.  I couldn't buy the Ultimate due to already owning base game.

I had to ask Steam Support, and they refunded me base game and removed it, so I could buy Ultimate using refunded steam funds.
(06-07-2018, 06:22 PM)Steve Mason Wrote:  I owned base AC, and no DLC.  I couldn't buy the Ultimate due to already owning base game.

I had to ask Steam Support, and they refunded me base game and removed it, so I could buy Ultimate using refunded steam funds.

Thanks for the response!  

Did you then have to re-install any free mods and/or apps too?  Did your wheel's settings, driver name, graphics settings etc have to all be set up again?
Has a maximum time for apply the refund or no? Because i have AC there are six months... and yesterday i try to buy ultimate and can't because of same reasons as you
(06-07-2018, 11:58 PM)Bert Hoenigmann Wrote:  
(06-07-2018, 06:22 PM)Steve Mason Wrote:  I owned base AC, and no DLC.  I couldn't buy the Ultimate due to already owning base game.

Thanks for the response!  

Did you then have to re-install any free mods and/or apps too?  Did your wheel's settings, driver name, graphics settings etc have to all be set up again?

All your setting will be in your documents folder.(Just change the name of it to "Assetto Corsa.old" so it wont get deleted when u re-intall the game. For mods you would have to isntall them all again.
[img]https://i.ibb.co/xS5Lzhw/IMG-20190503-202629-959.jpg[/img]