Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Longer chat time after races
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes Please!
92.31%
12 92.31%
No, Neil! You're just asking too much!
7.69%
1 7.69%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longer chat time after races
Yeah, title says it. I wish I could chat in game longer after races. Am I alone? Usually, if I finish up front and there are still cars on track finishing the race, I could chat as long are they are still on track. But if everyone finished as fast as everybody else, the server just stops sending chats. I wish SRS could give us a bit more minutes... Or is it AC defined? Anyways, I know about discord, maybe I'll drop by there sometime too. Cheers!
(05-28-2018, 10:12 PM)Neil de Guzman Wrote:  Yeah, title says it. I wish I could chat in game longer after races. Am I alone? Usually, if I finish up front and there are still cars on track finishing the race, I could chat as long are they are still on track. But if everyone finished as fast as everybody else, the server just stops sending chats. I wish SRS could give us a bit more minutes... Or is it AC defined? Anyways, I know about discord, maybe I'll drop by there sometime too. Cheers!

You are right. However I remember that there is the Shoutbox. Deploy it and there you can comment on any topic.
I think it's better there than using server time that can be used for the next race. Wink
Except I don't really think anyone actually uses the Shoutbox feature. At least I know I don't. I'd rather have a few seconds after the last person crosses the final lap start/finish to chat it up with folks.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Yes, I agree, but there is always the Shoutbox option.
Agreed, a few more minutes would be nice...
Although i understand and agree that sometimes there could be a few more minutes just to finish like 3 to 5 sentences, to say sorry, congratulations or ask for some help, i also can understand why it isn't implemented.  Sometimes, after the races, people are with their blood still pumping and we all know that we race with people of different skins, all ages, different nationalities, English skills, sometimes IQ lol....and that basically is a dangerous recipe that can go bad real quickly. So why take the risk and lose server time.
Besides, everyday there's less and less people using monitors while sim racing with the implementation of VR, and trying to write on the keyboard with the vr set on is very tricky and it just ain't practical. That's why i stopped using it all together. (besides the occasional, "sorry", "gr", "tks" or "#$%@" Big Grin )

But since this subject has been presented a few times now, and because i also believe that spirit of camaraderie its very important in sim racing and you can really make some friends or even find a team mate sometimes, so i have a suggestion.
Why not create a Discord channel specific for that. Per example a "Last Race SRS Channel", and people could then chat a bit.
Maybe those who want to chat after the race could just write "Last Race SRS Channel" after the race ends and everyone will see who wants to chat or not, and if you also want or need to chat, just do the same and go join the discord channel.
There.
I used the shoutbox in the past, but the person I wanted to talk to seems to not see it. Same with discord. The person I want to say sorry to and congratulate , you know, the participants in the race I just finished. So I thought the best place to chat with them is in the race itself...
(05-29-2018, 03:26 PM)Neil de Guzman Wrote:  I used the shoutbox in the past, but the person I wanted to talk to seems to not see it. Same with discord. The person I want to say sorry to and congratulate , you know, the participants in the race I just finished. So I thought the best place to chat with them is in the race itself...

You can always send a pm, no?
I agree with Alfonso, the chat is probably so short in order to enforce the "don't discuss race incidents" motto. Although the spontaneity of the chat is nice and I also wished sometimes that it was longer, it would probably mostly be used to pour more accusations, deserved or not. PMs give you time to check the replay and cool down (or think of a nice thing to say, you never know Big Grin)
PMs... LOL... yah I will not go that far. It's just a casual chat from my part. Like strategy discussions, set ups, etc. It's not that big of a deal. As casual as my chatting desires, so is this post. Not expecting any changes at all, not gonna fight for it and force the issue. Although, I have experience in other forums too. And I know how volatile things can be, like youtube comment section. To be fair with SRS members, I find them easy to deal with and very polite... with very few exceptions, like one or two in my head. Anyways, just crossing my fingers now. Not expecting anything from this. Cheers guys!